Pro XS no start question

My 2017 Pro XS 250 2 stroke ( serial # 2B400414 ) wont start. I used the boat last week with no problems, take it to the lake yesterday, launch the boat, trim down the motor, turn the key & nothing, motor doesn't turn over & no trim either. I checked the battery, it is fully charged, no loose battery connections. I checked the 4 fuses that are on the starboard side ( 3- 20amp & 1- 5amp ) & they appear to be good. Is there another fuse/main fuse that I am missing? Can someone suggest a possible cause for this? Again, the engine will not turn over & I have no trim on the motor or at the helm. Thanks

Dammit, I have a tournament on Saturday :(

2. Member
    I had that happen to me as well. It turns out it was a glitch in the hand throttle, it was apparently not making the proper contact, even though it was locked in neutral position with kill switch lanyard in. They had to replace something. Not sure if that is your issue, but it was mine.... Good Luck
    Dwight B
    Semper Fi
    2023 Ranger Z520R, Merc 250HP Pro XS,
    Lowrance HDS LIVE 12 Console and Bow Active Target, Dual 8ft Blade Series Power Poles,
    TH-Marine Atlas Jack Plate's 10" Setback

Sounds like the breaker has just popped, just flick it back to on. The switch will be in the bilge near the battery
    2018 TRX 18. 2020 Mercury 200 Pro XS V8

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Check the keyswitch harness connector inside the engine cowling (may have become dislodged or loose).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor