Livesight - Transducer Shield and Saver

I read where some people are using the transducer shield and saver for there livesight tranducer to be mounted to their trolling motor shaft. Looks like you can adjust the angle so that it is more forward facing. I am having trouble w/ my livesight transducer seeing anything past about 30' out. Just curious if a different angle my help that range?
    Justin B.

2. Member
    Yes, it will. It sure does for me. I have found some boats in particular (my friend's Triton for example) cause the trolling motor to be mounted in such a way that the trolling motor shaft is not perfectly perpendicular to the bottom of the lake. This can be fixed by putting a wedge between the trolling motor mount, and the boat, to level the motor. Alternatively, by using the Transducer Shield and Saver mount, you can tilt the transducer up or down as needed, and then lock it in place. I tend to reposition mine up a little in shallow water, and down a little in deeper water. I also use it in the winter to tilt it completely down to the down view function.
    ciao,
    Marc

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Marcantonio View Post
    Yes, it will. It sure does for me. I have found some boats in particular (my friend's Triton for example) cause the trolling motor to be mounted in such a way that the trolling motor shaft is not perfectly perpendicular to the bottom of the lake. This can be fixed by putting a wedge between the trolling motor mount, and the boat, to level the motor. Alternatively, by using the Transducer Shield and Saver mount, you can tilt the transducer up or down as needed, and then lock it in place. I tend to reposition mine up a little in shallow water, and down a little in deeper water. I also use it in the winter to tilt it completely down to the down view function.
    Thanks Marc. What is your useable range in forward view? Also, when mounted completely down does the trolling motor foot not obstruct the view? Thanks for the info.
    Justin B.

Seems like the bracket that came with the livesight will tilt up and lock in place also, what does the transducer shield and saver do differently?
    Looking on their website, all I can see is it has 2 bolts vs 1 bolt to hold the angle, sticks out farther, can’t see any protection of transducer, sorry, just asking to see if it’s worthy of additional $199.00.
    Last edited by MOTriton; 05-27-2020 at 05:17 PM.
    Team buymyownluresandstuff

5. Member
    Look at the one that Rytek Marine makes for the Livesight transducer. I currently have one and can switch from forward to down pretty easy and it's heavy duty as well.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTriton View Post
    Seems like the bracket that came with the livesight will tilt up and lock in place also, what does the transducer shield and saver do differently?
    Looking on their website, all I can see is it has 2 bolts vs 1 bolt to hold the angle, sticks out farther, can’t see any protection of transducer, sorry, just asking to see if it’s worthy of additional $199.00.
    Worth is a personal choice that only you can answer. The angle adjustment is much easier with the TSS bracket, and can be done easily on the water. Because it has the standoff, you can mount it lower on the trolling motor shaft than the factory bracket. The factory bracket worked best for me at 10" above the motor, or more. The TSS bracket can be close to the trolling motor due to the offset distance allowing the signals to clear the motor. In the down sight position it clears the motor after turning the bracket 90 degrees on the shaft. This adjustment is not as easy on the water, but is no problem for me as I use this function only from Nov to Feb when I am fishing really deep. The rest of the year I am in the forward position. So I make the switch only twice a year, and even then it only takes two minutes.
    ciao,
    Marc

Thank for the replies, that’s what impresses me about you guys, you look further than the initial observation, and Marc, that’s first information I’ve heard about the height to mount the transducer, the instructions give a suggested angle, but not height, which should be cone just clearing the motor, so I’m just hearing now flatter the angle, closer the centerline of cone to top of water, further out it will scan, vs weaker returns from edge of cone I suppose, is that correct?

To the OP I can see bottom features (i.e. weeds, rocks) out to about 50-60', it is a huge help. When it comes to tracking my bait or seeing fish, I am confident that I am seeing everything within about 35-30', outside of that not so much. Still love the live sight system, but if they were to improve that range I'd be a real happy customer!

Wow, I can see baits, maybe fish out to about 30’, maybe brush out to 40-45’, depending on water clarity, dirtier the water, less distance, sounds like maybe adjustments up are increasing range, unless you fishing in some crystal clear water?

Quote Originally Posted by MOTriton View Post
    Wow, I can see baits, maybe fish out to about 30’, maybe brush out to 40-45’, depending on water clarity, dirtier the water, less distance, sounds like maybe adjustments up are increasing range, unless you fishing in some crystal clear water?
    I was trolling walleye this spring and had no issue seeing them well past 100ft on forward view. Probably depends on angle, size of bait/fish

11. Member
    With the latest update of 20.00 for both the Live's and the Livesight I am seeing walleye start to come into site 100+ feet out in easily 50' of water! I didn't take nearly as many screen shots last week on holidays as I should have but here is one. With the Livesight of course being "Live" you have to be on your A game if you want to screen shot as there is no backing up the screen like 2D. Last week I was running our Xi5 Livesight mount in combination with our non guarded 3in1 mount while trolling and it was great seeing what was coming at us!!! 1 Livesight.png