Fish Smell Cleaning Carpet

Serious question LOL... How can I get the fish smell out of my boat

Thankfully I have been catching a ton of fish here in the last month. The boat smells terrible, like ive been letting gar and cat fish roll around in the floor.. Which I have not!

What is the best and safest way to really clean and maybe fluff the carpet? Its a 2018 Z18 and the carpet is very matted down from the console to the trolling motor.
    I feel like Nitro carpet is very low quality and would hate damage it using a pressure washer or carpet cleaner.

The boat stays outside under a carport. It has been rained on hard twice in the last week and has not helped at all.

Anys tips appreciated !

2. Member
    Soak it down with a vinegar and water solution. Let it set, scrub it, then rinse.

3. Member
    Go to your local janitorial supply house and get a gallon of enzyme based odor eliminator.
    Wet the carpet and apply. Pour some in your livewells and run through the hoses to eliminate odors there also.

4. Member
    I just scrub the carpet in my 2019 Z19 carpet here over the weekend. It is the second time since i have owned since April last year. I used a bissell carpet scrubber and bissell carpet soap. Works great and i did this in my 97 Procraft also never had an issue.

5. Member
    +1 Vinegar....and it isn't very expensive...LOL I even use it in the live wells occasionally.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Stop catching fish and lay out for a sun tan. Will smell like my back deck in no time!
    Collision Consultants of Akron--- Marine Fiberglass repair and electronic installer 3309333230

7. Member
    Oxyclean works very well. It may also be an enzyme cleaner, I'm not sure. But it keeps the carpeting looking new. But then, I haven't been catching a ton of fish lately!