Banned

QUESTION ABOUT PROPS FOR CATS

IN looking for a second prop for my Puma I see a lot of Fury's for sale that were worked by Ronnie Gilbert. What is up with that ? Should i look at totally stock Props? Why are there so many for sale?

We would start with a stock Fury and then see what it performs like.

3. Banned
    Thanks

4. Member
    If they are 25p and up it might be guys are switching to the mercury 4 stroke and it likes the 24p. I fish lakes 1500- 3600 ft of elevation and my second prop will be a 23p for the 120+ degree days we have coming up out here. I have a stock 25p, will probably end up selling.

5. Member
    What boat (year) do you have what motor (Four stroke two stroke) and what are you turning speeds and RPM's currently? You left a lot of info out.....
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

6. Member
    I went from a 3 blade 25p Fury to a 4 blade 26p Bravo XS on my Eyra, its better out of the hole & carries the boat better on plane but looses a few mph up on top

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Superpro View Post
    I went from a 3 blade 25p Fury to a 4 blade 26p Bravo XS on my Eyra, its better out of the hole & carries the boat better on plane but looses a few mph up on top
    did it effect the handling in any way?

Quote Originally Posted by Basscat16 View Post
    did it effect the handling in any way?
    Yes, it handles better in my opinion. My Eyra is a 2017 with the Mercury 2 stroke. The Bravo XS gives lot of bow lift, more so than the Fury 4 also. I think it handles better in rough water also. I can't tell a big difference between the 26p and 27p though, I am currently running my 26p fo the summer. Only negative is top end speed, you'll lose a decent amount. A while back I switched back to my Fury 3 26 and the boat felt completely different but I know had just gotten used to the Bravo XS since I have been running it a while now. Acceleration is much better with the Bravo XS.

9. Member
    Thanks for the input much appreciated