St George Island fishing report.

Well, we got down here sunday evening. My buddy caught a catfish sunday night. Put in at the kayak spot monday morning and fished the grass at the 3 crosses. I caught a 12" and a 14" redfish.
    Today I was going to use some live shrimp and the fishermans choice was out so I went to Outcaster and got some shrimp then went across the road and put in. I caught 3 redfish and a catfish, my buddy got a catfish also.
    I fished a lot of grass with live shrimp and didn't even get a hit, I dont really understood that.
    I caught a ray, trout and a catfish from the beach, my buddy got a redfish and a catfish also.
    The wind has been really bad so I have only been in sheltered areas, I'm pretty sure my jon boat would sink inside of 5 minutes if I tried the open bay.
    I'm gonna put in at eastport tomorrow, maybe I can catch a keeper redfish!
    Last edited by big_o_tom; 05-27-2020 at 04:29 AM.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Keep after them, they are out there.

3. Member
    Well, today we caught quite a few sail cats. I was getting a little bummed out then I caught a 17" redfish, my buddy caught an 18" red, then I hooked about a 3ft red that spit the hook. So at this point I have one small red to grill which is fine and then I catch a 27"red. Oh son I'm gonna eat good tonight!

4. Member
    Skip the bait. Throw a green back/chrome Mirrolure She Dog over shallow grass in morning and late afternoons. During the day alternate between a 1/4oz gold spoon and a clear/red glitter DOA shrimp. Find any potholes in the grass and craw that DOA through them.

doing this will avoid the trash fish and get you some dinner!

5. Member
    Please keep the reports coming! We are going there at the end of June. Hoping to get enough to bring some home in the cooler.

6. Member
    Well, since I had redfish for supper yesterday we stayed on the beach fishing today. I caught a keeper trout and Whiting, a lady fish and a small Whiting. I fished from 11am to 9pm today.

7. Member
    If you want keeper redfish then go to the Youth ramp in the State Park. Get some finger mullet and fish oyster points in the channel in front of the ramp. I prefer a outgoing tide. You should catch all the reds you want.

It may be a touch early, but the trout will be thick on the beaches to spawn soon. Last hour of daylight with a small jerk bait (hard or soft) should yield plenty.

8. Member
    Today I bought a green back she dog, went to the state park all the way across from the boat ramp. 4th cast I caught a trout that hit the bait 3 times before hooking up. I cought a14"redfish on a doa shrimp and my buddy caught a lady fish and two small bluegill type fish. I know there were good fish there but we couldn't get them to bite.

9. Member
    The last day of fishing I caught about a 8" redfish and a sail cat. I had fun, caught one big redfish and my little jon boat worked out great.