Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I need a 26 Bravo XS for my 1.60 300R...anybody got one or know one available

I need a 26 Bravo XS for my 1.60 300R...anybody got one or know one available?
    Need asap.

Thanks
    John

2. Member
    I would look at a 25 pitch also. 25.5 would be perfect.

3. Member
    I have a 27 and a 28 so no help here, I am ordering a Power Tech brv5 in a 26, my boat will barely come out of the hole with the 27 when wells and gas tank are full.

4. Member
    John, I know you’ve got the max5 st and tried it with both 1.60 and 1.75 cases but I think you need to give the brv5 a shot and see what you think. Try one of them in a 26 and I think you’ll be surprised. For $650 or less it’s gonna become popular with these new sport master lowers.

5. Member
    I fell in love with my boats performance when I bought a used 1.75 and used my 28 pitch propeller. The boat would still run low 80's but would get on limiter pretty quick if you tried to keep going faster.
    But I was in loveagain with the 21'1" XRS. It was like my 20ft Bullet propped for hole shot and still run 80 and get there quickly. Nose still came up high, but time and distance to plane was cut into less than half.
    Unfortunately this weekend I hit a submerged log and bent the skeg slightly.
    I want to get a 25 or 26 for the 1.60 lower unit as I am going on family vacation for some tubing and skiing with 2 or 3 people in the boat. I can still use the 1.75 and the 28.

For tournament fishing and full live wells you will definitely need to play with the pvs plugs in the 5 blade to get the most rpm with-out blowout to get the XRS up quickly so it doesn't labor and just dig a hole.
    On the 1.75 and the 28 Bravo xs it did not really come to life hole shot wise till I had all 4 lower plugs removed and then drilled a 1/4 inch hole in just one of the upper plugs. Removing the solid plug and going with the Mercury plug with a hole it would slip a little when the bow would come down.
    Take the time needed to experiment with the pvs plugs. Be sure to have extra solids you can custom drill. The 27 max5st I could never get it to spin up enough rpm initially even after having 4 more pvs holes put in it. The 5 blades and the 1.60 ratio just wouldn't allow it. I still do not like the max5st on the 1.75 for same reason. Now if I wanted to run half tank of fuel and limited tackle it would be fine. With livewells full and fuel full to prop for speed your buddy/fishing partner is going to have to sit on front deck to get boat up in any distance and time.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    John, I know you’ve got the max5 st and tried it with both 1.60 and 1.75 cases but I think you need to give the brv5 a shot and see what you think. Try one of them in a 26 and I think you’ll be surprised. For $650 or less it’s gonna become popular with these new sport master lowers.
    I will have to give the BRV5 a try. Lets see how Roger likes the 26 on his 1.60.

I really like the 30.5 Bravo I just got for fishing by myself. Holeshot is decent and near 90 on top end. Just run out of good water to get more so far. 87.5 is best to date. Which is the same as the 1.60 and 28 Bravo. The 1.75 just gets there quicker.

7. Member
    Donnie, how many pvs plugs (solid or with hole) are you running in the brv5?

8. Member
    Man that sucks about your other lower, I bought a new spare lower also just to have as a backup myself. Read to many stories about these skegs bending way to easy.

I have the 28 on mine with all 5 solid plugs. I’ve only been out 3 times since I put it on and 2 were tourney days with my dad so I couldn’t really get a top end run. He’s working up to it but don’t have enough handles to hold on to, lol. I will be out this weekend by myself and will get a good run or 2 in. Soon as I got the brv5 and stuck it on I went out for an hour or so to see how it done and I was impressed, it was a huge difference. It drives a lot easier, rides higher out of the water, midrange is very strong and I did get a short run in at 6200-6300rpm and 82-83mph but didn’t try to top it out. The mercmonitor gauge is to small to try and watch as you’ve said also. It was a super crowded Saturday and wasn’t anywhere near ideal to try and get a max run at all. I know I can get more speed out of it with the 28 and I also have a BRV5 30 that will be here tomorrow. With just me, full fuel and live wells holeshot is way better than it was with a Bravo by far. With me and dad, full fuel and live wells it still comes out strong and no blowing out. I have swapped to a bobs hydraulic plate first of the year and that made a big difference too. I just got the vessel view link kit so I can have all the good info on my hds live and be able to actually see what it’s doing. With the way the 28 is doing for what short time I’ve been out in it I feel pretty confident the 30 will perform well too. I also have a 28.5 Bravo FS but haven’t even opened the box to try it yet. To happy with the brv so far. Im curious to see what Roger thinks of the 26 when he gets one.

9. Member
    Man that sucks about your other lower, I bought a new spare lower also just to have as a backup myself. Read to many stories about these skegs bending way to easy.

I have the 28 on mine with all 5 solid plugs. I’ve only been out 3 times since I put it on and 2 were tourney days with my dad so I couldn’t really get a top end run. He’s working up to it but don’t have enough handles to hold on to, lol. I will be out this weekend by myself and will get a good run or 2 in. Soon as I got the brv5 and stuck it on I went out for an hour or so to see how it done and I was impressed, it was a huge difference. It drives a lot easier, rides higher out of the water, midrange is very strong and I did get a short run in at 6200-6300rpm and 82-83mph but didn’t try to top it out. The mercmonitor gauge is to small to try and watch as you’ve said also. It was a super crowded Saturday and wasn’t anywhere near ideal to try and get a max run at all. I know I can get more speed out of it with the 28 and I also have a BRV5 30 that will be here tomorrow. With just me, full fuel and live wells holeshot is way better than it was with a Bravo by far. With me and dad, full fuel and live wells it still comes out strong and no blowing out. I have swapped to a bobs hydraulic plate first of the year and that made a big difference too. I just got the vessel view link kit so I can have all the good info on my hds live and be able to actually see what it’s doing. With the way the 28 is doing for what short time I’ve been out in it I feel pretty confident the 30 will perform well too. I also have a 28.5 Bravo FS but haven’t even opened the box to try it yet. To happy with the brv so far. Im curious to see what Roger thinks of the 26 when he gets one.
    Thanks for the info. The BRV5 sounds like it is working well. After my vacation week after I will check back in with you.

10. Member
    Following this closely. I ran the Bravo FS 28 on mine and by far had the best mid range performance and ran mid 80's. I was not happy with the hole shot but it was not bad. I am running a Bravo 30 Lab Finish right now and top end is 88 and so so mid range. I really wish that I had the FS back. Powertech is located in the same town that I live in but they do not have loaner props to try. I am currently sending a 28 Hydrotech P-5 and a 28 Hill Signature D-5 back for more work. Both ran into the mid 80's but hole shot continues to be my issue.
    Last edited by Elwood; 05-27-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Following this closely. I ran the Bravo FS 28 on mine and by far had the best mid range performance and ran mid 80's. I was not happy with the hole shot but it was not bad. I am running a Bravo 30 Lab Finish right now and top end is 88 and so so mid range. I really wish that I had the FS back. Powertech is located in the same town that I live in but they do not have loaner props to try. I am currently sending a 28 Hydrotech P-5 and a 28 Hill Signature D-5 back for more work. Both ran into the mid 80's but hole shot continues to be my issue.
    My 27 and 28 Bravo 1 xs do fair on hole shot without livewells full, I have all the plugs out of the 27, I think it needs more vent but I hate to drill holes in it to find out, I guess if i did and it ended up too much i could just put plugs as needed back in it.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    My 27 and 28 Bravo 1 xs do fair on hole shot without livewells full, I have all the plugs out of the 27, I think it needs more vent but I hate to drill holes in it to find out, I guess if i did and it ended up too much i could just put plugs as needed back in it.
    On the 27 with all 8 plugs out what happens if you raise engine height for holeshot, does it just blowout or can you find a position it just builds more RPM without completely breaking loose? If it completely breaks loose at higher engine height you might try putting some plugs back in and try it again at higher engine height. But what I have found is with live-wells full it requires lower pitch. Did you order a 26 BRV5. I am anxious to hear results on that prop in 26 pictch.

Does anybody know how many gallons of water the XRS live-wells hold? I have not seen a lot of other boats livewells but the XRS's are really deep.

13. Member
    Of course the FS did not have any vent holes and the Lab Finish does not have them either. From what the guys at Mercury Racing said "you do not want any cavitation on the four stroke". I am having both 5 blades turned down to a 27.5 and one needs a little cup and the other needs some removed. The good thing about them is the slip numbers. less than 7% on both. So I am thinking that if I can get a good hole shot and mid 80's out of them with tournament load I will be happy and then in search of a top end fun prop. The Pro Max has been the fastest for me at this point (89.2) and I would love to run it again with a blow out ring and plugged. Or order one with no blow out holes.

Just a quick question......Has anyone run a three blade on a 300R? And if so....what was it and the results....

Elwood
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr 22 View Post
    On the 27 with all 8 plugs out what happens if you raise engine height for holeshot, does it just blowout or can you find a position it just builds more RPM without completely breaking loose? If it completely breaks loose at higher engine height you might try putting some plugs back in and try it again at higher engine height. But what I have found is with live-wells full it requires lower pitch. Did you order a 26 BRV5. I am anxious to hear results on that prop in 26 pictch.

Does anybody know how many gallons of water the XRS live-wells hold? I have not seen a lot of other boats livewells but the XRS's are really deep.
    I did order the brv5 26 pitch prop, not sure on the gallons of water but that livewell is as big as a coffin.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Of course the FS did not have any vent holes and the Lab Finish does not have them either. From what the guys at Mercury Racing said "you do not want any cavitation on the four stroke". I am having both 5 blades turned down to a 27.5 and one needs a little cup and the other needs some removed. The good thing about them is the slip numbers. less than 7% on both. So I am thinking that if I can get a good hole shot and mid 80's out of them with tournament load I will be happy and then in search of a top end fun prop. The Pro Max has been the fastest for me at this point (89.2) and I would love to run it again with a blow out ring and plugged. Or order one with no blow out holes.

Just a quick question......Has anyone run a three blade on a 300R? And if so....what was it and the results....

Elwood
    3 blade on a 300R has been tried and not good results at all. There is a post in here about it.

16. Member

XRS and SDC livewells are 45 gallons. Bigger live wells than fuel tank, that’s ass backward with these thirsty R motors.

17. Member
    XRS and SDC livewells are 45 gallons. Bigger live wells than fuel tank, that’s ass backward with these thirsty R motors.
    No kidding, they like the petro.

18. Member
    I knew it had to be up there. That is 375 pounds! Plus 20 pounds of fish

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    No kidding, they like the petro.
    I am coming from the older 2.5 short block engines and I am happy with the fuel consumption so far, especially at 70 and under. 50 to 60 seems really good compared to what I have been used to.
    Now you run +70 and especially +80 they drink the fuel like any thing else at that speed.
    I can tell you this, my gauge when it gets to half tank 50% on merc monitor, it still has more than half tank of fuel. I started fishing Sunday at 0% and ran around a little, then at almost dark I ran back and forth trying to run it out of gas and still didn't. I have aux tank and just wanted to know how long I could run after hitting 0%. Took 31 gallons to fill it after that.

20. Member
    I knew it had to be up there. That is 375 pounds! Plus 20 pounds of fish
    I’m glad yours gets 20lbs of fish in it, mine is only use to about 8-10lbs, so I only have to carry around about 20 gallons of water, lol.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast