Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr 22 View Post
    I knew it had to be up there. That is 375 pounds! Plus 20 pounds of fish
    30# in my case, ask happykamper

The boat DOES NOT like that either. Takes forever to plane out.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    30# in my case, ask happykamper

The boat DOES NOT like that either. Takes forever to plane out.
    Yeah, Adam will probably be getting several calls and emails before next years Classic.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by happykamper View Post
    Yeah, Adam will probably be getting several calls and emails before next years Classic.
    I'd show them everything I know for a new 300r.

4. Member
    I'd show them everything I know for a new 300r.
    Would you like a 160 sporty or a 175 torque master on it ?

5. Member
    Would you like a 160 sporty or a 175 torque master on it ?
    Torque master for sure. Especially after hearing your propping issues. I wish my 300xs had one now.

6. Member
    Torque master for sure. Especially after hearing your propping issues. I wish my 300xs had one now.
    My biggest problem is when gas tank and wells are full with tourney load and two people. Not bad at all when the wells are empty.

7. Member
    I got my hands on a labbed Bravo 1 today but it does not have the vents, is a 4 blade easier to turn than a 5 blade in the same pitch ? Going to see what this prop will do, hopefully it does ok with top end, if so I will send it to Mark for vents and it needs cleaned up.

8. Member
    I got my hands on a labbed Bravo 1 today but it does not have the vents, is a 4 blade easier to turn than a 5 blade in the same pitch ? Going to see what this prop will do, hopefully it does ok with top end, if so I will send it to Mark for vents and it needs cleaned up.
    What pitch is it?

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jr 22 View Post
    What pitch is it?

10. Member
    That should be fun. How it all works out for you.
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!

11. Member
    Had another guy drop a Bravo 1 off to me, it is a 24 pitch, one way or another I am going to get this boat to come out of the hole while heavy loaded.

12. Member
    Had another guy drop a Bravo 1 off to me, it is a 24 pitch, one way or another I am going to get this boat to come out of the hole while heavy loaded.
    If your 26 won't do it something is wrong. That 24 is going to be on the limiter in a hurry.

I'm still wondering if your throttle isn't opening all the way. I would think you would have no issues spinning a 27 or 28.

I had 900lbs of people in my boat the other day and a livewell full of of crappies and still got up. It slipped like hell but it got up with a 28 bravo.

13. Member
    I've got a 15x26 performer 4 you could try. It's not been cut.

14. Member
    If your 26 won't do it something is wrong. That 24 is going to be on the limiter in a hurry.

I'm still wondering if your throttle isn't opening all the way. I would think you would have no issues spinning a 27 or 28.

I had 900lbs of people in my boat the other day and a livewell full of of crappies and still got up. It slipped like hell but it got up with a 28 bravo.
    What gear ratio is your lower unit ? I am stopping by North Texas Marine in the morning to have them check the throttle, these last three props i have do not have the PVS , that 160 sporty just bogs way down, will see what these other do.

15. Member

I have a 26P Bravo1 XS that was pitched to 27 and reduced in diameter to 14 5/8-3/4 for less drag on top end. Many have found some added speed from reducing rotating mass. I got this prop from somebody 1-2 years ago and finally ran it this spring. It has no cup in the tips and my boat needs more bow lift than this prop offers. I was going to send it to Mark to get it there. I never did.

This prop may run really well on a 20ft Bullet, But not sure if it needs cup added for a 20er too.... I'd be willing to let it go cheap since you may need to have it cupped.

I can text pics if you IM me a tele #

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    I have a 26P Bravo1 XS that was pitched to 27 and reduced in diameter to 14 5/8-3/4 for less drag on top end. Many have found some added speed from reducing rotating mass. I got this prop from somebody 1-2 years ago and finally ran it this spring. It has no cup in the tips and my boat needs more bow lift than this prop offers. I was going to send it to Mark to get it there. I never did.

This prop may run really well on a 20ft Bullet, But not sure if it needs cup added for a 20er too.... I'd be willing to let it go cheap since you may need to have it cupped.

I can text pics if you IM me a tele #
    Thanks but with the 300r lower unit I will need full diameter on the blade.

18. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Why not a Sportmaster with 1.75? I’m not sure I’d ever own a Torquemaster with a 300. TM is good to about 85mph. I wouldn’t and try and run my rig with a TM. My 300xs is 1.75 gears for holeshot and tournament load but know I can still run north of 85 safely without worrying about blowout plus the Gen2 TM are really tough to prop. I will sag though I have zero experience with the new 4s Mercs.
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Quote Originally Posted by jayfaro View Post
    Why not a Sportmaster with 1.75? I’m not sure I’d ever own a Torquemaster with a 300. TM is good to about 85mph. I wouldn’t and try and run my rig with a TM. My 300xs is 1.75 gears for holeshot and tournament load but know I can still run north of 85 safely without worrying about blowout plus the Gen2 TM are really tough to prop. I will sag though I have zero experience with the new 4s Mercs.
    I agree, Jay. Especially concerning the 300xs. I have 1.62 gears. But either way, I can’t imagine a 300xs without a SM. Now this 300r appears to be quite a different animal. That bigger lower and the performance curve may have different needs. I was gung-ho for the 300r, but seems like quite a few are having way too many propping issues to get the performance intended for this motor. The xs can handle so many different props and pitches and still run good, while the r is too finicky. Nobody wants to pay $2000+ for propping just to get some satisfactory performance. Granted the 4 stroke is a sight for sore eyes when thinking about the possibilities when dealing with an Opti compressor. If one “pops” it’s more than just taking the broken off and replacing with a new one. No more XS’s are made now, so the “r” is the future, unless a used XS is purchased. I hope Mercury rethinks these issues (which I’m sure several has contacted them) and tweeks or modifies the motor for universal propping. It may all just be in the new lower. I dunno. I don’t own one and it aggravates me. I know sometime in the future, I’ll be making the purchase on one and I’d hate to have all these issues. That’s a pile of cash for a motor. There’s been several I’ve listened or talked to that owns the 300r and aren’t completely satisfied. You pay that much for a motor, irritations like these shouldn’t occur. Rant over guys....maybe. Lol

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

20. Bullet/Reels4Sale/Rods4Sale Moderator jayfaro's Avatar
    Completely agree Randy. I didn’t realize there were so many issues. Has anyone running a 300r tried the 1.75 on the SM?
    Jay Faro
    Bullet 21xdc/300xs

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast