‘03 520 Fuel tank selector housing/switch removal?

Attacking a shifter issue (neutral safety switch) and cannot remove the fuel tank selector housing/switch so that I can remove the underlying trim piece for access to the shift body. I removed the four screws that’s mount the housing and the single screw on the selector switch itself. I expected to remove the switch; remove it’s housing and then remove the trim piece. No luck. I oriented the switch to all positions and still no luck. Firmly tried (it’s loose) to separate the switch from it’s housing - also no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks...

2. Member
    I believe you are talking about the large black knob for the switch from the valve. It is a tight fit and will require just some messaging to come off the shaft. To remove the valve with everything else you will have to remove the seats and disconnect the lines from the valve.
    2004 Ranger 521VX with 2019 Evinrude G2 250 H.O.

3. Member
    Once you get the selector knob off . There’s 2 screws with lock nuts holding them in. Carfully taken them out . Without dropping the cuz you’ll never find them. Once you do that you’ll be able to separate it from the. Trim . Only remove fuel lines if you’re changing the valve it’s self .

4. mikesxpress
    Prime opportunity to replace your fuel lines.