Fuel Demand Valve

I am having a problem with my tank not venting correctly. The Fuel demand valve seems to have gone bad. The motor has been stalling when idling for more than a few minutes and I have to pump the bulb to refill the VST. Also, when you open the fuel fill a significant amount of air rushes out. I cant find the correct part anywhere. It is Attwood part number 99IFDV00-1. It is called an Integrated Fuel Demand Valve. Rather than having a barbed fitting on the inflow side and one on the out side the fuel pickup tube comes into the bottom of the valve. Everything I can find is an inline model. Anyone ever replace one of these? I can't get through to Ranger Parts and my local dealer had no idea what I was talking about.
    Just another beer drinker with a fishing problem.

2. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    You can get through to Ranger Parts, but coming out of a long holiday weekend when everyone was using his boat [maybe not everyone, but lots], I’m sure they were swamped today. Have your boat model and serial number handy. And if you pass along this information [year and model, not serial] to this forum, we may be able to help you.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

3. Member
    Attwood has them. Some Walmarts have them.
    Please release me,let me go.

4. Member
    Amazon is where I found mine

5. Member
    Thanks John, the boat is a 2013 Z520C with a 250 ProXS.

6. Member
    I would guess your local boat dealer has a few on the shelf...pretty common marine item.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

7. Member
    I have not found that to be true. If it was an inline valve, no problem. It is not an inline valve. Even Don Weed from the Mercury forum had to order one. If anyone would have one on the shelf it would be Don.
    Last edited by X19Indy; 05-27-2020 at 08:23 PM.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by X19Indy View Post
    I have not found that to be true. If it was an inline valve, no problem. It is not an inline valve. Even Don Weed from the Mercury forum had to order one. If anyone would have one on the shelf it would be Don.
    Interesting. My boat is a 2016, it has a 90 degree brass fitting on the pickup tube on the tank a short piece of fuel line, then the standard inline FDV. Was thinking that is what you had.

This integrated one seems a tad hard to find. Im assuming you tried the local Ranger dealer as you said above. Could you modify the tank fitting, and put an inline in instead? There were a couple bits of online merchants selling it (not BBC sponsors) which came up by googling P/N.

Otherwise call Attwood (which is actually Merc, well Brunswick anyway)?
    Last edited by MichaelJ3; 05-28-2020 at 07:33 AM.
    2016 Ranger 1850 LS Reata / Merc 150 4s / SmartCraft / Lowrance HDS Carbon SS3D

9. Member
    Don ordered one. I would like to eliminate all this EPA crap and go to an old fashioned vented tank.