Bad experience with Humminbird support.........

I chat'd with support and also called support, both times both girls gave me the wrong information I was looking for. The question was very straight forward and simple:

What transducers are available for my Humminbird HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI G3N in a trolling motor mount. I got two different answers and after I looked up the numbers, neither one was for a HELIX 8 CHIRP MEGA DI G3N. Hope we have someone on this board with more knowledge than the support staff at Humminbird (very disappointed )

So does anybody really know what my options are........... Thank you.
    Gary

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional.......

S.W. Ohio

It is on the Humminbird website Accessories/Transducers

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...-temp-trolling
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

BUT, if you look at the specs on the Humminbird website, the transom transducer is the same as the H9, H10, and H12 has--- XM 9 HW MSI T.
    It's trolling motor equivalent is the same as the transom version but with a trolling motor mount, XTM instead of XM.
    So if you have the transom model, just get the mount and you won't have the extra expense or time involved for an exchange.
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...dapter-bracket
    Transducer Shield and Saver has a trolling motor mount for it also, but you don't get the battery charger choke like with the Humminbird transducer or mount.

Soooo the confusion is the transducer description on the site. The 150 is for the 7/8 models and the G3N models are 8/9 which are SI+ models, the Helix 7 is not a + model.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

These are the two third generation transom SI transducers, the small one comes with the Helix 7:

Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    It is on the Humminbird website Accessories/Transducers

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...-temp-trolling
    Did that and more confused than I was before..........
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

BUT, if you look at the specs on the Humminbird website, the transom transducer is the same as the H9, H10, and H12 has--- XM 9 HW MSI T.
    It's trolling motor equivalent is the same as the transom version but with a trolling motor mount, XTM instead of XM.
    So if you have the transom model, just get the mount and you won't have the extra expense or time involved for an exchange.
    https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...dapter-bracket
    Transducer Shield and Saver has a trolling motor mount for it also, but you don't get the battery charger choke like with the Humminbird transducer or mount.

Soooo the confusion is the transducer description on the site. The 150 is for the 7/8 models and the G3N models are 8/9 which are SI+ models, the Helix 7 is not a + model.
    Thanks allot Wayne
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

These are the two third generation transom SI transducers, the small one comes with the Helix 7:

Thanks but I'm looking for a DI not SI
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

OOOPPPPSSSS,, bad experience with me also!!!!!!

OK, the Helix 8 third generation is NOT DI+ so its trolling motor transducer version is the same as the Helix 7 DI G3/G3N. The transom transducer in the specs show 75 in the model name. THEN you look at the accessory transducer listing for XTM with that 75 in the name and it will be a puck version with hose clamp.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...trolling-motor
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

OOOPPPPSSSS,, bad experience with me also!!!!!!

OK, the Helix 8 third generation is NOT DI+ so its trolling motor transducer version is the same as the Helix 7 DI G3/G3N. The transom transducer in the specs show 75 in the model name. THEN you look at the accessory transducer listing for XTM with that 75 in the name and it will be a puck version with hose clamp.

https://humminbird.johnsonoutdoors.c...trolling-motor
    I'm gonna have to come back and re-read this after a drink or two..... Why the hell do they it this confusing, I'd bet people have bought another brand just not to have to go through this bull crap confusion. I mean seriously, Chart Recorder 12345 XYZ takes the following 5 Transducers all ending in XYZ.

Wayne, I really appreciate all the effort you've put into guiding me along but I may just buy one w/a transom mount transducer included and mod it for the T/Motor. It really shouldn't be this hard, I've designed Jet Engines for GE for 30 years and that was far easier to figure out..................
    Gary

S.W. Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by Nikon Man View Post
    I'm gonna have to come back and re-read this after a drink or two..... Why the hell do they it this confusing, I'd bet people have bought another brand just not to have to go through this bull crap confusion. I mean seriously, Chart Recorder 12345 XYZ takes the following 5 Transducers all ending in XYZ.

Wayne, I really appreciate all the effort you've put into guiding me along but I may just buy one w/a transom mount transducer included and mod it for the T/Motor. It really shouldn't be this hard, I've designed Jet Engines for GE for 30 years and that was far easier to figure out..................
    If your trolling motor is variable speed, the small DI transom transducers are not suitable for trolling motor mounting. The DI puck has extra internal shielding to help with possible RFI from the trolling motor. That is why there is a trolling motor puck version for that one.
    All units come with a transom transducer unless it is a CHO model (Control Head Only).
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

If your trolling motor is variable speed, the small DI transom transducers are not suitable for trolling motor mounting. The DI puck has extra internal shielding to help with possible RFI from the trolling motor. That is why there is a trolling motor puck version for that one.
    All units come with a transom transducer unless it is a CHO model (Control Head Only).
    Once again, thank you Wayne. Good info to know.
    Gary

S.W. Ohio