Looking for a place where I can break in my motor.

I live near Boyds, MD and I’m looking for a place where I’ll have the space to break in my motor. This is my first boat so ideally the location would be one on the less popular side. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by apt_103 View Post
    I live near Boyds, MD and I’m looking for a place where I’ll have the space to break in my motor. This is my first boat so ideally the location would be one on the less popular side. Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions.
    I think the closest/safest place to break in your motor would be the Potomac River. Drop in at Mattawoman or Leesylvania during a week day and have at it in the main river - back and forth.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. Member
    Thank you

4. Member
    Agree with Potomac via Leesylvania, stay in channel and watch for floaters after any rains.

5. Banned
    If you are looking for a place to 'break' your motor go to the flats. Lots of interesting things there that can assist with that. If you are looking for a place to 'break in' your motor do what others have suggested. Lower potomac

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skooter68 View Post
    If you are looking for a place to 'break' your motor go to the flats. Lots of interesting things there that can assist with that. If you are looking for a place to 'break in' your motor do what others have suggested. Lower potomac
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80