Would this be good sizes for a spinning rod for drop shot and ned rig
    30-20-12-8-7-6-5.5-5
    tip would either be a 5 or 4.5

2. Member
    I like the look of these but not sure sizes

3. Member
    R2262 Fuji Grey Fazlite KLFG High Frame Guides

4. Member
    20-12-5.5L and 5 runners to the tip.KL-H reduction KT runners the rest of the way out

5. Member
    My finesse train is a 16H, 8H, 6M (all KR whatever material you want) and then a KT5.5 for the choke, all of the runners are KT5's with a 5.5 tip. I'll use 5.5's though if I'm planning on using braid and a leader.

Non finesse is a 20H, 10H, 7M, KT6 for the choke and then one 5.5 and the rest 5's (sometimes I'll use 5.5's for all the runners).

6. Member
    thank you this helps

7. Member
    Also, I've used the Fazlite's quite a bit the past year or so. They're good guides. I really don't know if they'll stand up the way Alconites have for me (I still use a frog rod I wrapped with Alconites in 2004 or 2005 with the original set of guides) but so far so good.

8. Member
    The link below will tell you exactly what you need for the reduction train, the size of the running guides you choose is up to you. The number is going to be determined by static loading the blank and putting guides where they need to be.

https://anglersresource.net/kr-guide...ment-software/

The KR concept guide train is hands down the best guide train for a freshwater spinning rod. Just put your numbers into the software and follow the lay out they give you. It's that simple.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassbme View Post
    The link below will tell you exactly what you need for the reduction train, the size of the running guides you choose is up to you. The number is going to be determined by static loading the blank and putting guides where they need to be.

https://anglersresource.net/kr-guide...ment-software/

The KR concept guide train is hands down the best guide train for a freshwater spinning rod. Just put your numbers into the software and follow the lay out they give you. It's that simple.
    That's exactly the calculator that I've used, great guide. I stand corrected on the 6's they're L's not M's. I haven't bought the guides in a while, I put them together in sets when I get them. I do like the size 7L over the 6L though when I start with the 20. Maybe it makes a difference maybe not.

Also a little different take on what it spits out. If you put in 8-10 mono you'll get the 16, 8, 6. I break it out more by rod power. L and ML get 16, 8, 6 and M and MH (or M casting built spinning) then 20, 10, 7. Just my preference probably.

I see your in Ohio. If its going to be a winter rod at all I'd go with 6's at minimum for the ice build up. If its a late spring through summer rod only your fine.

11. Member
    summer rod