Networked Solix Sonar Freezing

I have two Solix 12s at the console networked with a Solix 15 on the bow. The two 12s get sonar readings from a single Mega transducer on the transom while the 15 uses the built in transducer on the Ultrex. The past few weeks the sonar readings on my 12s have been freezing but mapping on the units still works and all menus are accessible (so the whole unit isn't frozen--only 2d, SI and DI). No issues from the 15. I've turned sonar off and back on through the power button menu but the reading stay frozen. The only thing I can do to get them to work is restart both units. They tend to freeze at random and are freezing more and more frequently daily. I've check connections and voltage...everything is sound. Also, I've noticed small, bright boxes that run along the far edge on each side of side imaging. Never noticed them until I started having freezing issues. Could it be a bad transducer?

2. Member
    Not sure what you have on your screen. A snapshot would help. From experience, Power is a common cause of freezing up an other strange issues. If you had done the most recent update, did you turn off your global settings? That is another cause for what you are describing. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

3. Member
    Thanks for the reply. I have turned off as many global settings as I can find. The only power related change I made was that I had a Powerpole Charge charger installed about a month ago. The charger does distribute power across batteries (cranking/trolling) to keep everything charged properly. I wonder if the movement of "juice" is causing the freezing? I didn't have freezing until a few weeks ago, though--when the charger was first installed I didnt have issues.

4. Member
    I would be looking at connections. One may have been marginal and loosened. Bob
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

5. Member
    i have the same problem with my solix 12, and i dont have a power pole charger. i doubt if its a power issue, as mine freezes with 12.9 volts showing.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries

6. Member
    I am seeing the same issue. i have ordered 10 gauge wire to replace the 12 gauge dedicated supplies i currently have in hopes that will solve the issue. has anyone contacted Hbird tech support to see if they have a fix?

7. Banned
    Same issue here and I'm 100% sure it's not a power issue. Call it in so the engineers will know it's going on.

8. Member
    i found what i think is causing MY problem fo the screen freezing. the positive lug on the main battery was loose enough to cause it to temporarily lose power. i tightened it up but havent had it on the water yet because of the rainy weather here. will check it this weekend tho if not tomorrow.
    DELIVERED 9/16/2019
    2020 VEXUS AVX 2080 RED
    200 HO G2
    ICON 3.5
    DUAL CONSOLE
    ULTREX 80/45 MDI I-LINK
    BOW Solix 10 MEGA 360
    Echomap Ultra 106 sv
    Panoptix Livescope System
    CONSOLE SOLIX 12
    IONIC lithium batteries