300R Transom Saver Recommendations

Hi guys,
    Getting ready to bite the bullet on a 300R w/Torquemaster LU and I've had Motormate with my 2 Stroke for 7 years without any issues, love them. But I don't think they have it for the 4-stroke and 300R. I see Russell Marine has one, but there has been many quality issues (rusting), etc.. I see DD26 has a Mean Mount. Anyone have any tried and true experience with any? I'll be towing it brand new from Idaho to Texas, so I want a solid solution.

Thanks.
    .204 Ballistic 300R - Speed, Ride, Fishability!

2. Member
    Tote-Rite STR8
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

The DD26 mount is as solid as it gets. I came from Motormate as well. I had dealer pricing set up with motor mate and I spent a lot more for the DD26 but for what it's protecting I feel good about it.
    24’Bass Cat Puma Sts-300 Proxs
    23’Gatortrax Gt tunnel hull-200 Suzuki

4. Member
    DD26, I hated to spend that much for one but it was the only one available when I got my boat. It’s nice and Saturday. That’s the one I would want to use pulling it that far.

5. Member
    Thanks guys!

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

All the ones named above are good- the RMP model has changed to a Stainless construction, as I understand it.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Thanks for the heads up however I dont have the motor nor even boat yet in order to get a S/N as I am doing research to purchase one before my boat is being built.
    Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

All the ones named above are good- the RMP model has changed to a Stainless construction, as I understand it.

8. Member
    TOTE RITE STR8 cheaper don't need steering clips

Quote Originally Posted by sblnchrd View Post
    X3

2019 721 ProXs 4S 250
    2B599739

10. Member
    checked their website, they are only rated up to 250 HP. Also, I'd worry that the clips to keep the motor straight would eventually rub the clearcoat . No issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by sblnchrd View Post

11. Member
    Where the guides contact the engine is black plastic so no clearcoat to wear off. The 225 through 300 are all the same engine block and same weight so the max 250 HP doesn’t make any sense for a motor toter. I have been using a tote-rite str8 for almost a year and love it and there are no scratches or wear on my engine where the guides contact engine.
    ‘17 Bullet 21 SDC ‘20 Merc 300R 1.60 SM 1E081012

Have used the STR8 for sometime now.. there are no marks from guides .. However after a couple of long hauls I now use a set of FULL length steering blocks for long trips... Now its rock solid .

13. Member
    i spoke to them it will work on my 2020 300 Pro XS

14. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Keep in mind- HP rating is only "part" of the question. There are two completely and utterly different midsections used in the V8 engine series (although the ProXS models all use the CMS or Conventional Mid Section).

I'm not real crazy about the models that attempt to keep the engine straight by pressing against the lower cowlings. They are PLASTIC and they are NOT cheap if you have to replace them.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by EuropeanAM View Post
    Keep in mind- HP rating is only "part" of the question. There are two completely and utterly different midsections used in the V8 engine series (although the ProXS models all use the CMS or Conventional Mid Section).

I'm not real crazy about the models that attempt to keep the engine straight by pressing against the lower cowlings. They are PLASTIC and they are NOT cheap if you have to replace them.
    If concerned with the side clamps--- remove two bolts and there off.. still have a great support bracket at a fair price..

16. Member
    I like the motor sticks, very easy to install and store.you won't be disappointed.

17. Member
    Resurrecting this thread to see if there are any other thoughts on transom savers/motor toters for the 300R in the last 4 years. Just got a 300R and wondering what everyone is using. I had planned to go with the DD26 but website says they are not compatible with the 300R.

Thanks!

18. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    They should work with the CMS Models (just not the Racing AMS models).