Thread: Max hp?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Max hp?

Does anybody know what rpm range the 250 pro xb is make max hp?Can’t find anything about it? Have a 522vx with 250 xb and a 25 tempest running 68 at 5800. What would I have to do the the xb to run 70 plus??

2. Member
    LITHIUMS , pretty good for a 522 , only push a log so fast, no offence, gotta get weight down, alota people don't realize just going to an ultrex what happens, solid 3-4 mph on my tr 21 with a 05 250xs, 5800 -6000 is where its at, might try a 24 fury
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

Quote Originally Posted by Themag View Post
    Does anybody know what rpm range the 250 pro xb is make max hp?Can’t find anything about it? Have a 522vx with 250 xb and a 25 tempest running 68 at 5800. What would I have to do the the xb to run 70 plus??
    You're right where you want to be in regards to RPM. That Ranger is heavy, so boat load balance is critical. I would have the prop worked.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

4. Member
    where does I guy get a prop worked, and would it be worth it to put some money into the motor? Like heads, maybe svs r mad efi? And try and go up a pitch r is that just to much for what iam asking?

5. Member
    mods come with a price "pristine fuel every drop ", A number one prop guys that I know prob can count on one hand and really only one I would use but that's another story, you need a 300xs 3.2 liter itll go over 70 then, 4 bolt tune up
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    I need a backup prop anyways,Would there be anything to gain from a prop like a fury 4? Also what would the lowest rpms u would want to run at wot??

where does I guy get a prop worked, and would it be worth it to put some money into the motor? Like heads, maybe svs r mad efi? And try and go up a pitch r is that just to much for what iam asking?
    I'd leave the motor as-is. You're not going to pick up enough without spending a ton of money...that motor is well tuned right out of the package. You will get more just by balancing the weight in the boat, removing any excess, and having the prop worked. I'm betting 70 is doable.

Here's your prop man: Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html
    Last edited by Gamblinman; 05-26-2020 at 12:54 PM.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

8. Member
    see if you can find a known good 24 fury 3 blade , my opinion is 4 blades are 3 blades waiting to happen , don't like um, 5900 in the heat AUGUST 100 plus loaded

9. Member
    have a ghost trolling motor, so the only really weight to be removed would be getting rid of the deka dominators. Looking at specs would save about 30 pounds a battery x3! At a cost of about 800 a battery!

10. Member
    What is the preferred marine lithium battery??

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

There are a number of Lithiums that are decent- might want to check out the Sponsors Forum for BBC member offers.

Lots of good info above- one thing I'll add is that this engine will pass almost anything (EXCEPT a fuel tanker).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

12. Member
    Themag, you don’t say if you’re running a jack plate or not. If not,a plate might pick up 2 mph and almost certainly a hydraulic plate would. If you haven’t already,I would also try a Tempest+ prop in whatever pitch you can turn.

13. Member
    No jack plate, one of the things I’ve been looking at! Put a call in to mark props, waiting to hear back from him and I’ll go from there on the prop.

14. Member
    Need the jackplate BEFORE any prop changes!

15. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Need the jackplate BEFORE any prop changes!
    +1

16. Member
    +2

17. Member
    What do I need for a jack plate set back?

18. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Check with Ranger on what they recommend, or, check the Ranger board here on what others are running.

Another option is to call Steve at Hydrodynamics in Quitman, TX. He manufactures, sells, and installs jackplates. He can make a qualified recommendation.

What do I need for a jack plate set back?
    Leverage to lift the bow if needed and to make smaller adjustments to the height of the motor. To much motor = extra drag, to little motor = slippage. The holes on the motor are like half an inch each, you can move a jackplate a millimeter at a time.
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

20. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Michael- you have a PM.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast