Sold 2007 ChampioN 183 now looking for better Family Friendly Fish & Ski...questions

Coming from the fish only set-up, I have elected to go for Family comfort and fish-ability.
    Looking at a Nitro Z19 Sport with a 150 Mercury 4 stroke not Pro XS.
    1) Would this set-up have enough umpf to pull a skier plus four people in the boat with fuel, ice, and all other load?
    Am I popping-up on-plane just like a bass boat?
    2) Will this set-up allow me to fish as shallow as I did with my ChampioN bass boat? Is there any problems with this?
    3) What am I looking at for top speed with two guys and loaded down regular? Factory prop & set-up, no jackplate.
    4) It comes with standard MinnKota PowerDrive trolling motor. I came from standard bass trolling motors. What am I in for with this?
    Also I would probably want to recess the trolling motor pedal. Is that a good idea?

2. Member
    Webbow, Happy to help. I have the 2019 model of this boat with a 150 four stroke, not Pro XS.

1. I am not familiar with skiing, but I do wakebaord behind my boat. I am roughly 200lbs. I can get up no problem with my family (3 in boat, me in water) and a days worth of food, drinks etc in the boat, haven't tried with more.
    2. I don't know about comparing to your bass boat, but I can get pretty darn shallow in this boat with my outboard trimmed up and the trolling motor pretty shallow in the water. I fish a ton in shallow water and am always impressed with how shallow I can actually get.
    3. I get about 52 to 54 mph with the factory setup.
    4. I would definitely upgrade the trolling motor from the factory, I don't think the 55lb thrust would be enough. I have a 80lb Terrova, 24volt and it works pretty great. As far as foot pedal recess, I have opted to not go this route yet as my family likes lounging etc up there and may get in the way. For now I am just setting my foot pedal up there and storing it away when not fishing. I think a pedal recess may fit as there is a void up there under the deck that I store life jackets in.

Good luck in your decision!

3. Member
    Much appreciated bassmastermatt