Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I used to carry 48qt sized smack in middle of rear deck up against the lip with opening facing rear. That's the most stable part of boat and it never moved around. New Nitro keeps ice all day easily.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFishSteve View Post
    Does Yeti know about the other coolers being made in their factory?
    They can’t stop the Chinese from making and duplicating everything the US companies invent and manufacture there. Just walk into Walmart’s sporting goods section and everything is a Chinese knockoff. I visit alot of trade shows and you have more than 2 dozen cooler companies all being made copying Yeti and made in China. We need to get the hell out of China.

I go to all the Dealer Sporting goods shows and I will never understand why our Dealer Shows in the sporting goods industries allows the Chinese in them as you See them running around from booth to booth,,with cameras,,taking pic of products,,chatting with each other,,copying in broad daylight in front of our manufacturers. It needs to be stopped.
    Last edited by cevans; 05-27-2020 at 08:59 AM.

3. Member
    I have a YETI that sits perfectly in my RT188! It’s nice to put the drinks and ice in the day before and still be cold when I’m fishing!

4. Member
    Don't forget to install V2 vents in your cooler lids. Drops the inside temp 10-20°. Save on ice. Of course, it the outside air temp drops below 50°, you risk total ice up inside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by cevans View Post
    Check out RTIC,,half the price of a Yeti and made at the same factory. Got 2,,small one and larger one for holding crappies in hot weather. Identical to Yeti.
    NO Yeti sticker comes with it so its not the same !!!!

6. Member
    Don't forget to install V2 vents in your cooler lids. Drops the inside temp 10-20°. Save on ice. Of course, it the outside air temp drops below 50°, you risk total ice up inside the box.
    Please explain/elaborate.

7. Banned
    RTIC coolers are great lot less money.

8. Member
    Get a Orca made in Tennessee

9. Banned
    I can justify a $300 soft sided cooler for 8-10 hours on the water... I use a $35 soft sided cooler, works great. The ice is 85% melted by the end of the day, so I empty it and fill it with more free ice.

10. Member
    or you could just leave the lid open.

11. Member
    I use a 20qt Fatboy put it in front of passenger seat
    Savage 2016 ZX250/ 250 SHO

I have a Yeti roadie 20 quart cooler I used to set on the back deck. I would put the seat post through the handle on the cooler to hold it in place. It can be tough to fish around if you have a co angler. I use an Rtic soft side cooler now and put it under the passenger console.
    Team Enigma Fishing

13. Member
    I have a RTIC 30 soft sided cooler. It really has a done a nice job so far. I either leave it in front of passenger seat or it fits in the back locker as well out of the way.
    2019 Ranger Z520C
    Mercury 250 Proxs 4 stroke

14. Member
    I take a small cooler that holds a dozen drinks and sandwiches for two when I’m fun fishing. For tournaments I use the Coleman Cube cooler. Holds 18 drinks on the bottom 2 bags of ice ( possibly for livewell use) and sandwiches! I make it a point to stay hydrated and keep my fishing partner hydrated as well. Always have a few cold water bottles left in case someone else may need them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12