Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hard Coolers on Bass Boat locations and how it's attached

Looking at purchasing a cooler like a Yeti or Artic cooler for my bass boat. My cooler on my boat doesn't hold ice even for half a day, so I was looking into adding a cooler and wanted to know if others have gotten these type coolers and placed them in their boats somehow to utilize them and how did you go about securing it? Pictures are more than welcome.

Thanks So Much

Set it in the floor. Theres no need to secure it- when its full itll take 2 people to move it

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

3. Member
    I see a lot of guides attaching a cooler to the side of the rear deck.

4. Member
    I carry a Yeti soft side, I’ll throw it under the passenger console. When I’m traveling I fill it up at the hotel ice machine when I come off the water. Even the hotel ice stays cold all night and all day no matter how hot it is outside.

I bought a Polar Bear soft side before a friend gave me the Yeti. There isn’t much, if any difference in their performance. Both hold their contents without delamination or leaky zippers like some others. My wife took the Polar Bear for her car.

5. Member
    I looked for a cooler that would fit under the console and ended up with the Coleman stacker. I like the lid it has a lip on it and you can put your phone and other items on there and they don’t slide off. If you can find a cooler that fits under your console it’s a good location in the shade a lot and if needed on a long run just slide it out if it’s in your way.

6. Member
    I had a small Ranger with no true ice chest. I shopped until I found one with the right dimensions to fit behind the front storage and between the rid box extensions. It even matched the carpet. Although heavy, it did blow out once with no ice in it, so I secured it with a long bungee for high speed trips if empty. It's a no name brand from Home Depot.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    At times i use my soft side Rtic and sit it on the floor attached to the grab handle....lot easier to handle than the hard ice chest.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Member
    I use a soft side and keep it in the rear compartment behind drivers seat and stuck a piece of foam to the inside of lid, it'll keep ice all day.

9. Member
    Check out RTIC,,half the price of a Yeti and made at the same factory. Got 2,,small one and larger one for holding crappies in hot weather. Identical to Yeti.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I use a soft side and keep it in the rear compartment behind drivers seat and stuck a piece of foam to the inside of lid, it'll keep ice all day.
    I used to do this too

11. Member
    Jimmy Houston uses an Orion hard cooler smack in the middle of his front deck to sit on occasionally instead of a pole/seat.

12. Member
    Small Igloo under drivers console, in front of left foot. Held in place by a small cleat about 1" high, cut from piece of Trex decking. ( I use frozen 16 oz water bottles and when they melt, you can drink them. No messy ice.)

13. Member
    Small cooler, in floor. Precool and use some bottles of ice. Not much free cubes. Get a name brand and a hat with logo. To maximize the Wow factor, you will want to turn that hat into a visor.

14. Member
    I use two of these when I'm local, just throw them back in the freezer until you need them.

https://www.polarbearcoolers.com/Reusable-Ice-Pack.html

15. Member
    I know this doesn't answer your questions, but I also pre-cool my built in cooler. The night before, I put a few frozen water bottles in it. In the morning, I take those out and put my food and drinks in (already cold from the fridge), along with a frozen water bottle and frozen 1/2 gallon milk jug, then a bag of ice on top. Even on the hottest days, it keeps everything cold all day.

16. Banned
    My built in cooler was the same way. Terrible. I went and bought some pink board insulation from Home Depot. Cut it to fit the bottom and sides of cooler. Little silicone to hold it in place. Thing holds ice all day and then some now. Cost me $8 to fix it and I don’t have to lug a big cooler around.

17. Member
    I can’t post a picture.
    Last edited by rtfishn; 05-27-2020 at 12:06 AM.

18. Member

19. Member
    My wife still has a soft-sided lunchbox from high school we keep under the passenger console (elephants and all, she's a LOT younger than me). It probably still has the same 3 bottles of water from last year in it! I find we just don't consume much of anything, although we're only fishing 6hrs at a time.

I know that doesn't help ya, I just LOL every time I see that damn elephant lunchbox.

20. Member
    Does Yeti know about the other coolers being made in their factory?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast