*Beware* GARMIN Force weedless prop

I put the prop on Friday, first trip out with it Sunday, I get into a brush pile to retrieve a hung up bait and it broke both tips of the ears off! Guess that was a wasted $70, save your money if you fish in lakes with twigs in it.
    7B2E93B8-A2A1-4615-B669-F6877C6E79F3.jpeg 6318D9E3-737A-470E-9187-22C5636ADDD2.jpeg E461303A-8145-4FF3-8A8E-9386A73D099C.jpeg 4A421D0A-1D74-40E6-B433-2D10402A2260.jpeg
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

2. Moderator
    WOOD did that to a factory trolling motor prop?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassburch View Post
    WOOD did that to a factory trolling motor prop?
    Yes sir it did. If you zoom in on the broken ends you can see wood in the jagged edges. Also look at the cutting edge of the prop, not a nick on it other than the break, this was literally the first time it had seen water!
    Money can't buy happiness but it can buy fishing baits and that's about the same thing

4. Member
    Well, it's weedless.

5. Member
    Looks like that prop is designed to run CCW as viewed from the prop end. I think MK is too. You might see if you can modify a MK or similar to work. I've modified MK's to work on MG's.

6. Member
    Call them up. They are trying their to compete. I bet they do something for you.
    Tell me where has a slow movin' once quick draw outlaw got to go

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Call them up. They are trying their to compete. I bet they do something for you.
    Called CS this morning and sent pictures to the rep. Said he would forward them on to the warranty department and see what they have to say about it. That’s great and all but at this rate I’m not sure I really want another one if it’s that fragile?
    I’m wondering if maybe they had a bad batch of plastic? The rep told me he had hit rocks and stumps with his without any problems of breakage so idk

8. Member
    Hmm, I wonder if that's due to UV breakdown making the plastic brittle.

Reason I say that is because of that white hue to the prop. Maybe they forgot to add UV protection to it.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Hmm, I wonder if that's due to UV breakdown making the plastic brittle.

Reason I say that is because of that white hue to the prop. Maybe they forgot to add UV protection to it.
    Part of that is the lighting in the shop but yes it does have a different feel than most props I’ve had in the past