Thread: Froggin Lakes?

Froggin Lakes?

Used to go to Patoka/Geist but that is the past. Are there any decent lakes in the withing 2-3 hours on Indiana with surface grass that are decent?

2. Banned
    I was just over at Waveland this weekend to visit my parents. My parents have lived their prior to me being born in 1980..

This is the most amount of weeds my dad can remember seeing since the early 80's. Most amount I've ever seen, that is for certain.

Now with that being said.. I don't have a boat to fish out of, so I have no clue if the froggin is any good.

3. Member
    Mill Creek in Illinois used to have a bunch of grass.

Last edited by fishinarc; 05-29-2021 at 10:01 AM.

5. Banned
    Patoka has zero grass. Matter of fact it less than zero. Lol. I’m not sure if we’ll ever have grass there again.

Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    Patoka has zero grass. Matter of fact it less than zero. Lol. I’m not sure if we’ll ever have grass there again.
    If the water stays at normal level there will be a little grass on patoka by the end of this summer. But it will take a few years of normal water level to get back to froggable grass. Boggs will have a little grass, and so will Dogwood, but don't expect big fish.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

7. Member
    Boggs is going to spray tomorrow for algae and weeds.

8. idbefishing
    Quote Originally Posted by bradjames12 View Post
    I was just over at Waveland this weekend to visit my parents. My parents have lived their prior to me being born in 1980..

This is the most amount of weeds my dad can remember seeing since the early 80's. Most amount I've ever seen, that is for certain.

Now with that being said.. I don't have a boat to fish out of, so I have no clue if the froggin is any good.
    I remember back in the days the cove with the canal in the back was so thick that you can’t hardly get in it. The upper end was super thick you can only go as far as the last cove on the left. Frog bite was really good but fish were small then.

Palestine is where I’d go if i wanted to spend day with a frog.

Quote Originally Posted by fishinarc View Post
    More like a four hour drive but.. The backwaters of the Detroit River near Trenton.. but don't tell anybody.
    Tell me more mil lives in Trenton.

Last edited by fishinarc; 05-29-2021 at 09:47 AM.

12. Member
    Thanks.

13. Member
    We've had some exceptional days in the Grosse Isle area launching out of Erie Metro or EP. Punching, frog, and swim jig around the milfoil. The green fish get VERY little attention compared to the smallmouth and the walleye. Just be prepared to lose some stuff to the slimy hammer handles.
    Two to threes are fairly common, with an occasional 4+. 100+ fish days are totally possible.
    This!!! Totally worth the drive.

14. Member
    Mill Creek does have a ton of grass, but a $30 a day launch fee will tend to steer most people away

15. Member
    We've had some exceptional days in the Grosse Isle area launching out of Erie Metro or EP. Punching, frog, and swim jig around the milfoil. The green fish get VERY little attention compared to the smallmouth and the walleye. Just be prepared to lose some stuff to the slimy hammer handles.
    Two to threes are fairly common, with an occasional 4+. 100+ fish days are totally possible.
    Does getting to the grass put you in any big water where weather and waves become a concern?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BackLash625 View Post
    Does getting to the grass put you in any big water where weather and waves become a concern?
    No. You can launch and immediately start fishing. You can also fish St Clair the same way. Launch at Metro and hit the canals. You can frog all day back in the Metro canals and never even go out to the big lake. Like mentioned above. Great numbers with the occasional 4+ mixed in.