Thread: water pump

Angry water pump

I think it was 3 years ago had a to change lower unit. Tried motor near shop that did install did not pump to good went back and told mechanic think the pump was not working. He said naw that is a new pump on the unit i did not agree. So we talked about it and he won, was pumping about 30 pounds. Decided to change it. For three years that baby was not pumping to capasity. Now am pumping 42 lbs motor seems to be running better.

42 lbs is like way high dude....

3. Member
    yeah might want to check or change that wp gauge shouldnt be that high

4. Member
    Ya sounds like u tryin get high water pressure, if u run water thru motor to fast it dont have time to pull heat out and will run hot. U need be Bout 15lbs give or take couple lbs

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdmymerc View Post
    42 lbs is like way high dude....
    +1 or head gaskets, poppet , or steam pressure,we don't even know which mtr it is, could be a SCOTT ATWATER with a 3yr old impeller
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info (serial number) when posting. Thanks!

Scott Attwater. Been a while since I saw one of those!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor