Drotto Boat Latch

Do any of you own a Drotto Boat Latch? Looking at buying one for my 2012 190 and want to know if you got one with or w/o the roller. Thanks

Update: Purchased the boat latch. Install took two minutes max, drove the boat up on the trailer and it worked perfectly! Easy launch, easy load.
    Last edited by Topwater 2; 07-02-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Idk about this brand but i know past brands that made latches like this did not work with cast aluminum bow eye like Tracker uses they work with u bolts only. Might want to double check before you buy.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

3. Member
    got one on a stratos and its not exactly made for bassboats but it can work , the
    angle of a bass boat hull is the difference with a walleye boat that the lattch is really conceived for. and there could be some marks left on glass .

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonTRXV8 View Post
    Idk about this brand but i know past brands that made latches like this did not work with cast aluminum bow eye like Tracker uses they work with u bolts only. Might want to double check before you buy.
    You are right!! I forgot about that until you mentioned it. Guess I'll leave well enough alone.

5. Member
    After further googling and research they do have one made for Tracker and Boat2trailer says it will work. We shall see, fingers crossed.

6. Member
    Updated

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    Updated
    I know this is an older thread, but I’m interested in this for my 2011 190, can you post some pictures of yours and how the latch fits the bow eye? Is there space for the latch to grab the eye and also space for your winch hook? Thanks.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    I know this is an older thread, but I’m interested in this for my 2011 190, can you post some pictures of yours and how the latch fits the bow eye? Is there space for the latch to grab the eye and also space for your winch hook? Thanks.
    I wish I could post pics but it says my jpeg is too big. I did find a pic of one on a Tracker and I think it was on the Drotto website. I will tell you that it works perfect every time and I'm glad I got it. And yes, there is plenty of room for the winch hook.

9. Member
    How much was it? I am really thinking about one as I fish alone 99% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by danlaboucane View Post
    got one on a stratos and its not exactly made for bassboats but it can work , the
    angle of a bass boat hull is the difference with a walleye boat that the lattch is really conceived for. and there could be some marks left on glass .

Do what? They make a Stratos/Ranger specific version.. They are made for bassboats, have one on my Stratos and they are worth every penny IMO!
    They aren't aluminum nor are they made cheaply! Mine's formed plate steel, heavy as hell and twice as durable... Every time people are at the ramp and see me use it they ask questions without fail.. I can dunk or retrieve the boat in under a minute which is nice on busier ramps!
    1997 Stratos 295 Pro Elite DC
    2010 Mercury 200 ProXS
    Dual Lowrance Ti2's / Ghost TM

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darksiede View Post
    Do what? They make a Stratos/Ranger specific version.. They are made for bassboats, have one on my Stratos and they are worth every penny IMO!
    They aren't aluminum nor are they made cheaply! Mine's formed plate steel, heavy as hell and twice as durable... Every time people are at the ramp and see me use it they ask questions without fail.. I can dunk or retrieve the boat in under a minute which is nice on busier ramps!
    Yup!! It works out very well. I can launch or load in a matter of minutes or by the same token the guy in the truck doesn't have to get out the drivers seat. It's a no brainer!!

I know the Targa guys on the Tracker/Targa Facebook page love it.

13. Member

model

Quote Originally Posted by Topwater 2 View Post
    After further googling and research they do have one made for Tracker and Boat2trailer says it will work. We shall see, fingers crossed.

what one did you order for your tracker i have the 190tx

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenndd View Post
    what one did you order for your tracker i have the 190tx
    I ordered the 3" Model, it fit and works perfect.