Engine mounted oil tank bleeding,Last little air out???

Eng. Serial 2B229900
    2016 ProXs 250

So,looks like I didn`t properly seat the remote tank cap. Ran a little while and had a low oil alarm go off. Return home,engine mounted tank was at 50%,yes went to guardian as well. Reseated remote tank cap, filled engine mounted tank and bled three times and still could not get the last I`d say half dollar air out,all though oil was purging no air. Ran it today for a fair amount of time on the lake. Return home all good engine tank remained full,except for air bubble.
    What damage could happen if air remains in tank?
    How can I get the rest out? I tilted,turned,trimmed the engine with no luck. Any suggestions?
    Thanks
    Mike
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Slight right turn of the wheel, a little up trim, repeat process (making the cap the highest point in the tank). Sometimes tough if you trapped a small air pocket at some other angle (may be easier to pull a little out and start over).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

Probably already know the answer to this,but will this amount of air hurt the engine?
    I have tried every position other than turning it upside down. I've had that bubble directly under the bleeder cap as well and will not burp out!
    20200526_191035.jpg
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bass-action View Post
    Probably already know the answer to this,but will this amount of air hurt the engine?
    I have tried every position other than turning it upside down. I've had that bubble directly under the bleeder cap as well and will not burp out!
    20200526_191035.jpg
    NO!