Anyone do a Murph today?

I’m thinking about giving it a go (minus the 20 lb vest, I don’t have one).

2. Member
    What u talking about Willis?

Completed Saturday! 5th year in a row. I bought a cheap weight vest and it definitely makes you think about those guys carrying all of that gear. No joke!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    What u talking about Willis?
    https://themurphchallenge.com/

5. Banned
    1 time years ago...lol

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooksward View Post
    Completed Saturday! 5th year in a row. I bought a cheap weight vest and it definitely makes you think about those guys carrying all of that gear. No joke!
    That’s awesome, congrats!! I’ve never done it before but letting my lunch settle then I’m gonna get after it. I’ll report back later. The part I’m most worried about is the squats, I should be able to handle the rest.

7. Member
    I starting sweating just watching the vids. Had to take a break.

8. Member
    Wasn’t Lt Murphy with the Seal team of the Lone Survivor?. Think I remember that right. RIP Lt Murphy

9. Member
    Just finished my first Murph Challenge a few minutes ago (minus the 20 lb vest). Like I expected, the squats were brutal. I did the mile then 10 sets of 10 pull-ups, 20 push-ups and 30 squats then the 2nd mile. My 2nd mile was about 10 seconds faster than my first. Overall, took me right at about 50 minutes...I'm gonna feel it tomorrow!! May God bless our fallen soldiers and their families they left behind!!!

10. Member
    8th year in a row to do it. I am fat and out of shape. It was awful this year and I did not wear a vest because I have an extra 25lb weight vest on my waist right now.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Wasn’t Lt Murphy with the Seal team of the Lone Survivor?. Think I remember that right. RIP Lt Murphy

12. Member
    Are you supposed to do each feature of this workout back to back non stop ? And live ? LOL
    GETFISHED !!!

That's awesome man! I always struggle with the push ups. I usually do the mile, then 20 rds of 5, 10, 15, then 2nd mile. My best time ever with a vest is 43min and change, but this year was a bit slower after some quarantine inaction, 46 and change. Definitely a difficult workout. I always enjoy the struggle, remembering those who gave a lot more than a tough workout for our nation.

14. Member
    I guess I'm showing my age. I assumed this post was talking about watching an Audie Murphy flick for Memorial Day.
    Buddy Webster USN(retired)

2007 Triton TR-196 w/200 Optimax
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2 4x4
    2003 Jeep Rubicon
    http://www.bbcboards.net/swap-sell/

So sounds like you can modify the workout? That banner with 1 100 200 300 1 is daunting even in 30 days. I can see an injury for an old fart like me.

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    So sounds like you can modify the workout? That banner with 1 100 200 300 1 is daunting even in 30 days. I can see an injury for an old fart like me.
    You can partition everything but the runs any way you would like! It is MUCH more difficult to try and go straight through, although there are definitely folks that do it.