All NY bass tournament's suspended until further notice?

I have read some tournament directors were called and told their permits have been revoked. They were also threatened with 10k fines for hosting the tournament anyway. I guess Cuomo has made some directive suspending bass tournament's. I can't find anything in writing and would like to start planning my tournament season. Some tournament's seem to still be going. Anyone have any additional info?

2. Member
    I know Oneida Shores wasn't allowing them until a certain date that's why they canceled the Cashion opening weekend. They did have their mlf style tournament this weekend at a different launch. From what I heard from b.a.s.s. they think the open is 100 percent a go in august

3. Member
    I have an outstanding email with the DEC asking if my club can hold tournaments without penalty if we follow social distancing and whatnot But it’s been a week and haven’t heard anything back. county and state park ramps like Delta and Onondaga aren’t giving out any club tournament permits at all. since this all began. Our club is small though and don’t meet the DEC requirements that would require me to apply for permits (under 20 people) each event.

but I also haven’t been heard from private ramps either like French creek if it’s ok for us to launch there too.. I know salt city and Rochester bass have been hosting paper tournaments throughout May without issue. I’m not sure the size of Rochester but salt city I don’t think meets the minimum threshold for needing a permit either
    1995 Ranger 481v
    1995 Johnson Fast Strike 175hp

4. Member
    I am a tournament director for our club, two items to add...first we are also a small club of about 20 members but have always needed permits, I have never heard of a number of members requirement to require a permit. On the applications for permits they even call out numbers under 20 as requireing permits?

On the OP's question, I contacted the parks department that issues permits by phone and they were very open, I was told that the state had "band" group events at all these locations ....tournaments, parties, any activity at these locations, for the month of May. They told me things were being reevaluated for June and they may or may not open them that it was in the states hands.

Hi all...I see the Elite Series is at Cayuga in July, they usually have an expo during their tournamens.... I'm wondering if the state is allowing specators for the weigh-in and to visit the expo? I was looking to take a mini vaca and visit the area.
    Allen
    911 Bass Anglers
    Bucks County PA

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by harrys View Post
    I am a tournament director for our club, two items to add...first we are also a small club of about 20 members but have always needed permits, I have never heard of a number of members requirement to require a permit. On the applications for permits they even call out numbers under 20 as requireing permits?
    I’m the VP and Tournament Director for our club and have been in charge of permitting for the past few years. we are very by the book as many of our members are LEOs or Village/Town judges. If you’re using a free State DEC ramp (south shore, mud lock etc.) and you’re under 20 participants, you don’t need a permit from the DEC. Fishing tournaments between 21 and 50 individuals need to apply for a TRP.

I have also had conversations with Region 5 director Robert Stegemann who verified this. Below is the link for the DEC TRP requirements.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/regulations/51387.html

Part II, Section B, Number 1, see “an expedited TRP May be issued for the following activities, subpart B- “Fishing tournaments when the group size involves 21 to 50 individuals (no permit is required for fishing tournament of 20 individuals or less)”.

now if you’re launching at any county ramp, canal Corp, or NYS Parks owned ramps, then yes you need a permit for those because they aren’t under DEC ownership. This would include sites like Onondaga (County owned), Oneida Shores (county owned), and Delta Lake State Park/Fair Haven Beach State Park (NYS parks owned).
    Last edited by ECobb91; 05-26-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    1995 Ranger 481v

7. Member
    I just received an email from the DEC fisheries managers of Region 6 and Region 7. They are not accepting or issuing any TRP permits at any of their facilities. Private ramps (such as French Creek marina) can still host tournaments as long as you schedule through them beforehand just like any other year. State park facilities (fair haven beach, Delta Lake, etc). Aren’t owned by the DEC so you have to check with them. Last Time I talked with them, Delta Lake state park wasn’t issuing any daily permits either But French creek was still accepting club events.

The DEC email also stated if you have a paper tournament, they don’t need a TRP permit as you are only using the ramp location for loading and unloading activities only and they strongly encourage calculating the weights offsite.

so in other words, if your club is launching at a DEC owned ramp, it appears the permits might be revoked.
    1995 Ranger 481v