Thread: ALX ENOX BMJ

ALX ENOX BMJ

I bought this rod thinking that since it is a MH+ that it would be a great Tx-rig rod. However, it seems to be a very soft - moderate action. Much more moderate than my ZOLO Deputy. Before I pull the plastic off & give it a try, have any of you used this rod for Texas rigs? Initial feeling is that it definitely does not feel like a MH+ rod.
    I appreciate all of your input!

2. Member
    I can’t comment specifically on the bmj, but I have the lsb which I understand is very similar and just a few inches longer. It does have a bit softer tip than the Zolo Toadface (nearly identical specs) but the backbone seems to be the same. I’ve used my LSB so far for dragging and hopping 3/8 and 1/2 jigs along the bottom. The rod handles a 3/8oz jig + trailer beautifully. I’ve also thrown 1/2oz football jigs + trailer with no issues. 1/2oz would probably be my max though.

To me the enox rod is noticeably more sensitive than my zolos. They are better balanced too. Haven’t used my LSB for Texas rigs yet but I’d feel comfortable doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Justinlee1 View Post
    I bought this rod thinking that since it is a MH+ that it would be a great Tx-rig rod. However, it seems to be a very soft - moderate action. Much more moderate than my ZOLO Deputy. Before I pull the plastic off & give it a try, have any of you used this rod for Texas rigs? Initial feeling is that it definitely does not feel like a MH+ rod.
    I appreciate all of your input!
    I fish the BMJ for 1/2 oz T Rigs and sleds.

The LSB and BMJ are essentially designed to be the same rod - just different lengths. The ENOX and ZOLOs are not copies so there are some differences in the rods.

Have had no issues with my BMJ as a t-rig rod. I usually toss 1/8 oz weights with a beaver style bait and a 4/0 superline EWG on 20 lb fluoro.

5. Member
    Do you recommend the bmj? Im thinking of getting either bmj, lsb, toadface, or deputy. Mainly for lighter Texas rigs and jigs. Is the enox worth the extra money compared to zolo?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster1!+ View Post
    Do you recommend the bmj? Im thinking of getting either bmj, lsb, toadface, or deputy. Mainly for lighter Texas rigs and jigs. Is the enox worth the extra money compared to zolo?
    If you want the sensitivity, absolutely 100% go with the ENOX over the ZOLO. The difference in sensitivity is significant.

I do agree that the BMJ/LSB do have a more moderate fast action than most traditional jig/worm rods. They are both incredibly versatile as a result.

7. Member
    Thanks. Would you recommend the bmj or lsb for a mixture of deep and shallow Texas rigging?

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmaster1!+ View Post
    Thanks. Would you recommend the bmj or lsb for a mixture of deep and shallow Texas rigging?
    I like the extra length of the LSB for deeper water. It handles a 1/4 oz bullet weight with a big worm nicely for example.

9. Member
    I got the bmj since I last posted on this thread. The bmj is a nice rod but I do prefer the lsb over the bmj for deeper water applications. I also bought the enox strike - I prefer this over both the bmj and lsb for jigs.

10. Member
    Appreciate the help.

11. Member
    How would the lsb compare to the NRX 873c ccr?

I'm curious about the Strike as I haven't fished that one yet, but it looks like the true jig rod of the bunch. I'll agree that LSB/BMJ are a little on the light side for how I like to fish a 1/2 oz jig, unless maybe its a finesse open water 1/2 oz jig with a light wire hook. They are both good lighter jig/ T-rig rods in general however.

13. Member
    The BMJ is a very fun rod. It just seems to do it all. Currently mine is pulling straight braid Senko frog-followup duty and loving it. It's also extremely sensitive given the price point. It might not be ideal for 1/2 oz jigs but it shines for 3/8 oz flip-and-swim style jig fishing. As soon as the Tackle Trap is stocking the Strike, I will have one. I imagine that will be ideal for larger jigs.

Quote Originally Posted by C.Grinder View Post
    The BMJ is a very fun rod. It just seems to do it all. Currently mine is pulling straight braid Senko frog-followup duty and loving it. It's also extremely sensitive given the price point. It might not be ideal for 1/2 oz jigs but it shines for 3/8 oz flip-and-swim style jig fishing. As soon as the Tackle Trap is stocking the Strike, I will have one. I imagine that will be ideal for larger jigs.
    Thanks! The Strike is on order but they haven't arrived yet. The site will be updated as soon as they do. ALX made a really good choice going with the Toray T1100 graphite in the ENOX series. It is by far the best blank they offer in my opinion.

15. Member
    Now that I have more time fishing these rods:

Bmj - T-rigs up to 3/8oz, chatterbaits, swimjigs, keitechs. This rod can pretty much do anything that you might throw on a medium heavy rod. I tend to use it more for target casting in shallower water. Curious to throw some buzzbaits on it.

LSB - T-rigs and jigs up to 3/8oz. I’m usually fishing this in deeper water as the extra length helps pick up more line.

Strike - 3/8-1/2 oz jigs. Lately this is my football jig rod. I also use it to pitch docks and wood. Probably my favorite enox rod that I’ve tried so far.

Cant comment on a comparison between these rods and the NRX 873. If you are used to fishing the extra fast Loomis offerings, these will probably feel a bit slower. I do really enjoy the added comfort and sensitivity that these rods have over the Zolo series.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5 by 3 View Post
    Now that I have more time fishing these rods:

Bmj - T-rigs up to 3/8oz, chatterbaits, swimjigs, keitechs. This rod can pretty much do anything that you might throw on a medium heavy rod. I tend to use it more for target casting in shallower water. Curious to throw some buzzbaits on it.

LSB - T-rigs and jigs up to 3/8oz. I’m usually fishing this in deeper water as the extra length helps pick up more line.

Strike - 3/8-1/2 oz jigs. Lately this is my football jig rod. I also use it to pitch docks and wood. Probably my favorite enox rod that I’ve tried so far.

Cant comment on a comparison between these rods and the NRX 873. If you are used to fishing the extra fast Loomis offerings, these will probably feel a bit slower. I do really enjoy the added comfort and sensitivity that these rods have over the Zolo series.
    That's a great review. Thanks