Pacemaker 4 stroke 150hp

any info on these motors would be appreciated, i am thinking of replacing the 1990 xr4 150 with one of these.
    thanks
    T

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    In general- Pacemaker engines come with one-year warranty. Good engines and in many cases a pretty good savings.

Anything beyond that would require a serial number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

thank you for the info, i would not get the s/n unless i buy it but just wanted some general info.
    T

I bought a 115 ProXS 2stroke pacemaker from Don several years ago. I never had a single issue with it. I sold that boat to an acquaintance and it is still running perfectly.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Will there be any big issues changing to the pacemaker? All gauges are 1990 quicksilver and throttle control has fast idle lever and push key in for choke.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Exact same rigging requirements as a new engine. Keyswitch harness can be adapted to a 14 pin, but it might be wise to rig new items based on the 31 year age of the ones you have.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

thank you