Lund renegade 1875 question

Found a pretty good deal on a 2019 leftover. I can’t really tell by the pics but it doesn’t appear they have any kind of lip or gasket on the lids. Can anyone confirm this and tell my how dry the storage is. Also if anyone has one how do you like it? Thanks

2. Member
    Some say they do get water in them. I was researching this model myself.
    2015 189 trx

3. Member
    I love mine, being totally honest. I've had it for about 1 year 2 months and during non-ice season (I live in Northern Wisconsin) it gets used 3-6 days a week. I'd buy again in a heartbeat, its met / exceeded my expectations thus far for the way I fish and where.

Dry Storage: I don't fish in much heavy rain - just being totally honest. I'm not a tourney guy, so its not like I need to. With that said, I have been out in light rain for 30-60+ minutes at a time and I didn't notice issues personally. The only spot I had any water was in the back tackle compartments - got home, opened the compartments and took my stuff out, all was try the next day when I went out. Deal breaker for some? Maybe, for me, non-issue.

My only complaint thus far putting the boat through the ringer with heavy use was the factory wiring. They just didn't go heavy gauge in some places I would have liked so I had to re-run wire. Not a huge deal, just one of those things that would have been nice if they had beefed up a bit from the get-go and saved me the time (ie: 8 gauge is run to the front plug - when I installed my Force I had to re-run 4 gauge and then just wired direct to battery without the plug. Maybe it would have been fine, but I preferred peace of mind.) Same thing from the factory on some of the 'accessory wires' - they ran 16 gauge over long-runs and I was getting voltage drop at the bow on my graphs. I just switched it to 12 gauge to the fuse panel and no issues from there.

All in all, I'm very happy with mine. PM me with any questions and I also did a long review last summer after some use if you search!
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Garmin Force TM
    2 - 10' Minn Kota Talons'
    Console: ECHOMAP Ultra 126sv
    Bow: 2 - ECHOMAP Plus 93sv's (w/ LiveScope)

4. Member
    I have a 1875 renegade and there isn’t a single compartment that stays dry in the rain. I have fished a couple full day tournament in the rain and I have to completely empty my boat to dry it.
    2019 Lund Renegade 1875
    Mercury ProXs 115hp FourStroke
    Spitfire s/s x7 19p
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80lb 24v
    Atlas Hydraulic Jp 4" setback
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 Dash & Bow

5. Member
    I have a 2020 1875. The compartments will get wet in a heavy rain. I think if you added a taller rubber gasket and sealed the corners you could channel the water and add drain tubes. I have not done that. I have everything in containers and typically only get caught in downpours a couple times a year. The rear compartments have built in drain holes in the bottom as they are not designed to stay dry at all. Other than non-dry storage, it is has been everything I could ask for. Very stable and dry ride. I wish it had the dry storage of the Pro-V, but I fish shallow and the Renegade does this great.

The entire time I broke the engine in, I kept the trim down in some pretty good wind and chop and not once did I get sprayed with water. The bow does a great job of breaking the wave and the hull pushes the water out away from the boat. Alone, I would see 43mph GPS trimmed down at 5800 RPM. I have the 115 Mercury (not ProXS).

Link to some videos of the first day on the water and pics of the compartments.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlQuVSwAVbevg9hV...1tYuQ?e=yqWwRX

CenterCompartment.JPGStarboardCompartment.JPGRearCompartment.JPG