Thread: Waffle House

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Waffle House

Due to Covid 19 our April trip to Charleston SC was put off till now. We flew in last night from Southern Utah. We missed lunch and dinner along the way. After spending the entire day on planes, sitting in Airports we were pretty hungry after arriving at 10:00 pm. Waffle House was across the parking lot from our hotel so we gave it a try. Holy cow, how could a waffle taste so good. Then Eggs, hash browns, choice of meat with toast was $4.00. In my neck of the woods that same meal is almost $10.00. Really good food at a good price so I’m sure we will be eating there a few more times this week.
    Off to explore Charleston this morning then starting looking for housing in the Goose creek area on Tuesday.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

Been at one many times around 2:30am!

Ours was shut down for about a month or so. I sure did miss it. I have been 3x since reopening 2 weeks ago
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin R. View Post
    Been at one many times around 2:30am!
    Something about alcohol and eggs at 3 in the morning

5. Member
    I love Waffle House, it gets a bad wrap from a lot of people but as far as breakfast food goes, there is hands down no better restaurant. Their scrambled eggs can not be topped

6. Member
    If they were only kept clean and sanitary. Last time I ate at one in South Carolina, roaches were on the table. Their cleanliness leaves much to be desired.

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    nastiest food on the planet, on a side note you guys are gonna be just fine if the supply chain struggles cuz you can eat anything..

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Pretty decent coffee, too. Most of the stuff is fairly good. The only thing I don’t really like are the burgers. How they manage to get so much grease on them is an art.

It’s pretty hard to screw up breakfast. Lowest of the low end diners. Never been in one that wasn’t filthy beyond belief.
    Last edited by dean c; 05-25-2020 at 09:04 AM.

A good friend of ours is a WH district manager. You can buy their waffle mix in a large carton. They have also been taking donations and using the funding to provide delivered meals to health care workers. Innovative ideas to keep business going during the shutdown.

11. Member
    Lol,,, waffle house isn't too bad, wouldn't make it a habit to go there,, that's why I got myself a Blackstone, I'd rather do it myself and comes out great
    2007 Z21 / 250 VMAX HPDI

12. Member
    I love Waffle House but can't get my wife anywhere near one. Years ago they had a $5 all you could eat deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott F View Post
    I love Waffle House, it gets a bad wrap from a lot of people but as far as breakfast food goes, there is hands down no better restaurant. Their scrambled eggs can not be topped
    1997 Charger 186 TF
    1997 Yamaha ProV 175

14. Member
    Wen it comes to breakfast it is all about the person doing the cooking. Some of those places can provide an excellent meal as long as the cook does a good job and times everything right. They tend to have a lot of practice so the odds are in your favor.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ifishinxs View Post
    Off to explore Charleston this morning then starting looking for housing in the Goose creek area on Tuesday.

Careful or You'll end up the next season of "Southern Charm™' They started filming again on Wed.

So you’re here looking for a place to buy for permanent residence? I’m just up the road between Moncks Corner and Goose Creek. As much as I’d hate to have more people around me this area is likely where you should be looking for a house. Fox Bank, Spring Grove, Strawberry, etc are all pretty new subdivisions outside of Pimlico where I live. If you want to be on the water with a private neighborhood ramp check out Pimlico.

17. Member
    No better place to go when the diet is on hold, the All-Star Special will put a smile on your face.....

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    nastiest food on the planet, on a side note you guys are gonna be just fine if the supply chain struggles cuz you can eat anything..
    OMG...Thank you!!! I thought that it was me. Driving to Florida a couple of years ago to pick up my buddies new race car chassis. We pulled in to put some fuel in my truck, and there was a Waffle House right next door to the station. I parked my truck and trailer and we went inside. We both took one bite and immediately looked at one another...needless to say we walked out. I pulled a Coke out of the cooler when we got to the truck and used it like mouthwash, and I DON"T drink soda!!! Nasty would be a compliment for that place!!!

19. Moderator
    Stopped at a Waffle house when I was down south and thought it was awesome.

Since I lived in NC and SC for about 35 years prior to moving out to Vegas. Waffle house is one of the major places I miss. We would always eat there when hunting or fishing and its great food. Also miss bojangles chicken.
    " A Few Good Fish"
    Please check out my youtube channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuuwIthNWDweOTGjtkfOVGw

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast