Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Not much a fan of that, part of that I didn't like more is no more racing back to the caution flag because of safety issues, they need to bring that back the cars are so much safer now. The biggest rule change I've hated is the chase, playoffs whatever they're calling it now, its been changed since 2004 but I think the entire season points should still count who cares if someone runs away with the title from time to time.
    The race for being the first car a lap down adds some intrigue to the race at times and not racing back to the flag is safer. And I can't disagree with you more about the Chase. I remember those years when there was little question as to who would win the Cup. Unless you were a fan of the eventual champion, the last 5 races were a bore if you hadn't already quit watching Nascar for the season. Now, you have elimination races, win and advance playoff races, and the title race. So many more signature moments compared to the past. Logano/Kenseth, Elliott/Hamlin, Gordon at Martinsville, Johnson winning his 7th- all those moments were created by the Chase. And is there any league other than the Premier League Soccer that doesn't crown their champion with a tournament-style playoffs? It doesn't matter to me that Nascar has lost fans, it is a much better sport than it was 20 years ago.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Don't forget about the year the added an extra guy in the chase Jeff Gordon because of the Waltrip spingate, that was a total crock
    What would have been a crock is if their collusion would have been allowed. They could not allow a driver to give up spots in order to change the outcome of the standings.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

3. Member
    Quit watching it all when KING RICHARD left. Been going downhill ever since

4. Member
    Stupid move on the number 9 Carew chief to bring Chase into the pits with 2 laps to go.

5. Member
    Not DW tjt won with fuel tank its was Bobby Allison with Di Gaurd racing Gary Nelson was crew chief and he snaked the fuel line from cell the long way around to pump so there was more fuel in line and he could geta few laps extra.

6. Member

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    The race for being the first car a lap down adds some intrigue to the race at times and not racing back to the flag is safer. And I can't disagree with you more about the Chase. I remember those years when there was little question as to who would win the Cup. Unless you were a fan of the eventual champion, the last 5 races were a bore if you hadn't already quit watching Nascar for the season. Now, you have elimination races, win and advance playoff races, and the title race. So many more signature moments compared to the past. Logano/Kenseth, Elliott/Hamlin, Gordon at Martinsville, Johnson winning his 7th- all those moments were created by the Chase. And is there any league other than the Premier League Soccer that doesn't crown their champion with a tournament-style playoffs? It doesn't matter to me that Nascar has lost fans, it is a much better sport than it was 20 years ago.
    Yeah Indycar and Formula 1. Racing is not stick and ball

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    Fun fact, Jeff Gordon was supposed to be in the 46 car but wasn't allowed because of that movie https://www.sbnation.com/nascar/2015...ays-of-thunder

B6syIirIQAAMAjr.jpg

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    yup

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yatesville88fan View Post
    Stupid move on the number 9 Carew chief to bring Chase into the pits with 2 laps to go.
    Lol no it wasn't it was the only choice he had. He stays out and the next 10 cars get 4 tires then line up right back behind him.

Yeah Indycar and Formula 1. Racing is not stick and ball
    Duh. Thankfully, Nascar has a more entertaining way of crowning their champ than those two leagues.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5

Quote Originally Posted by grandbassslayer View Post
    Lol no it wasn't it was the only choice he had. He stays out and the next 10 cars get 4 tires then line up right back behind him.
    He still would have had a good chance. Tires aren’t as important at Charlotte vs darlington.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    He still would have had a good chance. Tires aren’t as important at Charlotte vs darlington.
    He came from 11th to 3rd on new tires in 2.5 laps. I agree clean air is huge but he probably would've been a sitting duck if the 2nd place car got any kind of push.

He came from 11th to 3rd on new tires in 2.5 laps. I agree clean air is huge but he probably would've been a sitting duck if the 2nd place car got any kind of push.
    Not really. Charlotte is not an easy track to pass. His only chance was multiple green white checker tries.

15. Member
    Yea But the guy that stayed out won the race. Good enough for me.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamblinman View Post
    Pushing the limits of the rules has been, and always be, part of NASCAR.
    Pushing the limits of the rules has been, and always will be a part of RACING! I’ve known a lot of mechanics and racers, and every one of them will push the rules and spend their last dime to go just 0.10 second faster than their competitor. It’s in their DNA.

17. Member
    [QUOTE=wstutts;11134419]
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoubledog View Post
    still couldn't get over the crap coming lose (ballast) from Hamlins car. Then the official tried to one hand it and I about fell out of my chair.[/QUOTDi

Didn't DW have lead shot in the frame rails an pulled off in the grass before the race to release the lead shot to make the car lighter
    he had gas in his roll bar when he won his only Daytona 500. That’s why he ran without pit stop for the last part of race. The car was in the cheaters “Hall of Shame” for a good while.

[QUOTE=wstutts;11134419]
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoubledog View Post
    still couldn't get over the crap coming lose (ballast) from Hamlins car. Then the official tried to one hand it and I about fell out of my chair.[/QUOTDi

Didn't DW have lead shot in the frame rails an pulled off in the grass before the race to release the lead shot to make the car lighter
    I thought he had a bunch of steel or lead balls in the bumper. When it sat they all gathered at the lowest point. But once out on the track the inertia forced them to the right side and out a hole they went. He only got caught because some track worker found them scattered around the track and brought it to the attention of NASCAR.

19. Member
    Yup...woulda been a freight train going by him
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

20. Member
    [QUOTE=kep1229bc;11135438]
    Quote Originally Posted by wstutts View Post
    he had gas in his roll bar when he won his only Daytona 500. That’s why he ran without pit stop for the last part of race. The car was in the cheaters “Hall of Shame” for a good while.
    That's what I live about nascar...bunch of people waaay smarter and intuitive than people give them credit for
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast