Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    What happened to Lowe’s?

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    What happened to Lowe’s?
    Just like so many other sponsors, the cost vs the reward no longer made it profitable for them.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    What happened to Lowe’s?
    Lowe’s has been gone for a long time.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rdoubledog View Post
    still couldn't get over the crap coming lose (ballast) from Hamlins car. Then the official tried to one hand it and I about fell out of my chair.
    They said Tungsten on the broadcast but that sh*t was heavy, I know the metalugy some of these race teams is crazy, special metals that are extemly heavy for ballast and extremely light for engine and car components, its a massive part of their budget second only to special oils they develop for the engines. Some of the metals they use in F1 are almost straight up alien space ship stuff.

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Yep, don't remember when but they were already gone in 2019, they hung around longer than Home Depot though. Crazy I didn't realize the 2 car only had Miller lite for that one race this year, sounds like they are about gone too, Miller lite and the blue deuce is just a Nascar staple

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Hill View Post
    Sour note to a much anticipated event. Only way to curb cheating is to impound the car for 3 weeks after the race. In addition the Team is suspended for the next 3 races and is not allowed at the track. Let the Team Owner phone the Sponsor and give them that news. I'd like to be a fly on the wall for that conversation. And if your gonna cheat you better win. Punishment is much less severe.
    Not really, last year they did away with the encumbered win deal and now if you win and get caught cheating they take the win way now. Hasn't happened at the Cup level yet but has in the lower tier series https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2019/08...y-hamlins-car/

7. Banned
    [QUOTE=wstutts;11134419]
    still couldn't get over the crap coming lose (ballast) from Hamlins car. Then the official tried to one hand it and I about fell out of my chair.[/QUOTDi

Didn't DW have lead shot in the frame rails an pulled off in the grass before the race to release the lead shot to make the car lighter
    Yes I think it was tungsten, he had a string in the car and would pull it to release them. That Daytona 500 he won they had some sort of trick gas tank that held more than anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by BassCatBrad View Post
    Today's NASCAR has too many rules. I also hate the stages. Hell you can do well at the beginning of the race and win the 1st two stages then finish the race in 12th place and score more points then the guy that finished the end of race 2nd. I guess there should be a new saying in NASCAR "it's how you started not how you finished"
    It's definitely better than it was. I would prefer less stages maybe just 1 at the midpoint of the race. And as a fan who watches most laps of every race, I don't pay attention to points until the Chase.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

I kept thinking about how much that tungsten ballast cost. It sure would make a lot of sinkers.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Haven’t watched in a while...was really into it for a few years, used to go to a Texas race annually, usually the spring race.. Just kind of fell out of watching.

11. Major Flagelator Gamblinman's Avatar
    Pushing the limits of the rules has been, and always be, part of NASCAR.
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

12. Member
    What pissed me off about nascar was when they started giving folks low who are a lap down their lap back for no reason

Kind of like giving a team that is down 3 TDs at the beginning of the fourth quarter 14 points.

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    What pissed me off about nascar was when they started giving folks low who are a lap down their lap back for no reason

Kind of like giving a team that is down 3 TDs at the beginning of the fourth quarter 14 points.
    Not much a fan of that, part of that I didn't like more is no more racing back to the caution flag because of safety issues, they need to bring that back the cars are so much safer now. The biggest rule change I've hated is the chase, playoffs whatever they're calling it now, its been changed since 2004 but I think the entire season points should still count who cares if someone runs away with the title from time to time.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Not much a fan of that, part of that I didn't like more is no more racing back to the caution flag because of safety issues, they need to bring that back the cars are so much safer now. The biggest rule change I've hated is the chase, playoffs whatever they're calling it now, its been changed since 2004 but I think the entire season points should still count who cares if someone runs away with the title from time to time.
    Yep. Because of that we have Jimmy “asterisk” Johnson.

15. Member
    What is very unique in Nascar is when someone wins the championship and missed a number of races during the season. I think most will agree that the sport has lost a lot of fan appeal over the years.
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

16. Member
    still couldn't get over the crap coming lose (ballast) from Hamlins car. Then the official tried to one hand it and I about fell out of my chair.
    I immediately thought about what a chunk of tungsten that size would cost.
    Tracker Panfish 16

Bonafide EX123 Kayak

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greg88 View Post
    What is very unique in Nascar is when someone wins the championship and missed a number of races during the season. I think most will agree that the sport has lost a lot of fan appeal over the years.
    I think Kyle Busch in 2015 is the only one that did that, his second championship last year is definitely more legit. I know a bunch have made the playoffs with a waiver even though they missed some races, Newman might do that this year. Don't forget about the year the added an extra guy in the chase Jeff Gordon because of the Waltrip spingate, that was a total crock

18. Member
    If you arent pushing rules past the gray area you arent trying hard enough

That said I'm pissed the the 14 stuffed his car into the fence after a broken control arm...he hit damn hard too
    2020 Skeeter ZX150

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    I think Kyle Busch in 2015 is the only one that did that, his second championship last year is definitely more legit. I know a bunch have made the playoffs with a waiver even though they missed some races, Newman might do that this year. Don't forget about the year the added an extra guy in the chase Jeff Gordon because of the Waltrip spingate, that was a total crock
    Hey it ain't Gordon's fault that Bowyer had an itch to scratch....

20. Member
    the 48 team is notoruis for cheating , how many times have they been caught , and funny how at one time , they won 10 or more races per year , cheaters are going to cheat
    1996 Javelin 409T DC /225 Johnson Venom

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast