Clewiston Canal turn to head North

Hey guys, I’m headed back down to Fla in a few days. Going to launch out of Rolands and I have never turned North toward Uncle Joes with the water level at 11 feet. What’s the best way to go now. It was shallow to say the least 3 weeks ago when I cut left to head that way. I usually fish the North and West sides of the lake but South was fishing a lot better when I was there last. Also any problems running toward Pelican or Rita areas. Any help is appreciated as I have never launched there at 11 ft lake level.

Thanks, Don

2. Member
    I was told run all the way out to the water tower before turning left or right. I guess there is a small cut somewhere in the channel to turn north, but I do not have the numbers.

3. Member
    Yeah so getting around with the lake at 11ft is tricky and can be a bit dangerous. Not trying to scare anyone but you really need to be very careful. If you come out of Roland’s you can go straight out north, but yes do not turn left or right until about the water tower. My advice would be to run the rim ditch out of Roland’s especially if from out of state and without having navigated it at these levels recently. It the longer way certainly, but the safest and won’t get your equipment torn up. Come out of Roland’s and turn left up the rim canal until you hit uncle joes cut then run uncle joe out to the main lake and you can pretty much run the outer grass line safely up toward Cochran’s. Turn right out of Roland’s and run east all the way to South Bay down the rim canal before turning north after the South Bay dynamite holes. Keep following it under the Tory Island bridge at slims fish camp and all the way up until the rim canal end and you can turn left right into pelican. If you haven’t been running the lake that’s your best bet! Good luck and Happy fishing!

4. Member
    I would add that 300 yards out off the reeds is not too far to be safe when setting down. At that distance we were still seeing less than 3’ of water in a lot of areas

5. Moderator
    It's 1.5'-3' even 300+ yards off the reed line. Make sure to trim up coming off pad, and be ready to idle a very long ways to get enough water to get on pad without digging bottom.