Tempest or Fury on a 21 SDC ?

I have a 27 and 28 Bravo 1 XS, my boat will not come out of the hole with gas tank and livewells full, I have a 26 Fury 3 blade and a 26 and 27 Tempest, wondering if anyone ever tried them, 300R with 160 sporty. Also I moved my hot foot closer so i could reach it easily, all I did was loosen the set screw and slide it forward about two inches, could that have messed with my throttle linkage ? Is that something i can check myself or do I need to take in to the dealer ?

2. Member
    I don't think you will be happy with a three blade prop on a 300R don't think you can get enough blade surface area in the water. Every body going to a five blade from what I'm told.
    2020 Allison XB 21
    Merc 300R
    2018-SST Bullet
    Merc 300R
    Bullet 20XD
    300XS DBR

3. Member
    Moving the hotfoot didn’t mess with your linkage. Only way to verify 100% throttle travel is the dealer hooking the computer to it. Mine was off by 8% when I had it checked.

4. Member
    I think you’re better off from what I’m hearing is that new power tech 5 blade. I think the 3 blades will be a waste.

5. Member
    Trust me the from experience, the Tempest will not work on a 250 with a Torque Master 2, I am more that positive that it will not come out of the hole with a sporty. I have tried it with all holes plugged and it still blows out. Talk to Mark at Mark’s Props.

6. Member
    I am going to see if i can get my hands on a Power Tech BRV5, Sleepy recommended it, think i will drop down to a 26 pitch and see what happens. Is it harder to turn a 5 blade than a 4 blade with the same pitch ?

7. Member
    I was wondering the same thing except I would throw on a Yamaha T-2 first. My last Eyra had a four stroke SHO 250 on it and was a beast out of the hole and great top end. Seriously considering bolting one on just to get it out of my head. Maybe someone can set me straight and save me the cash.....lol
    Elwood....Bass Cat Strong

2020 Bass Cat Eyra
    2020 Mercury 300R 4S (1E081080)
    Hell Yeah!!!!!!!!