Triton 179trx jackplate and poles

Hey guys I got a triton 179trx. Looking to get a jack plate and poles or talons. What jackplate plate do you recommend? Don’t want go big on the the poles and or talons because I don’t want to loose to Much top end. ThAnks!

2. Member
    If it were my boat I'd put a ultrex on it if you don't already have one and call it good. A plate won't do it any good and there's just no way around losing speed with a 115 and the added weight.
    If your OK with losing the speed then by all means put the poles on it if that's what you really want.
    I've a lot of time in the 179/115 and it's a great boat but it does get blown around.

3. Member
    I think I remember Triton advising against a jack plate on the 179. If you look on Tritons web page it's not an option you can factory add to this model. Anchors can be mounted without the jack plate though.
    Last edited by chatabass; 05-25-2020 at 12:25 PM.

4. Member
    i own a '16 179trx.....just put a 4" atlas jack plate on it....i've only had it out once, so far, haven't had much time to try to dial it in....what are you getting for top speed???

Maybe compromise and go with a single pole? Adding poles ot talons effects every boat there will likely be a performance loss from them.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

6. Member
    I've looked trying to find where I read no JP on the 179 from Triton and I can't find it, so I'm probably like aunt Bethany (just a little confused) LOL. I checked into having a power pole added to my 179 a few years back. Ultimately I decided not to buy it because most lakes I fish are deep. If you decide to only add one pole, my boat leaned heavy starboard when I was the only in the boat, so I was gonna go port side with the anchor.
    Quote Originally Posted by chatabass View Post
    I think I remember Triton advising against a jack plate on the 179. If you look on Tritons web page it's not an option you can factory add to this model. Anchors can be mounted without the jack plate though.