Thread: Trading RVs

Trading RVs

Last summer my wife and I bought a 16' travel trailer and took a trip from our home in N GA up through TN, KY, PA, NY into MA. We carried a kayak on our Explorer and it was difficult for an old man, late 70s, and his wife to take the kayak off and on the truck. We're seriously thinking about selling the trailer and getting a class C or small class A to tow our boat. In the 70s through 90s we had a slide in camper that we towed with and it worked out great. What do you all think?

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Towing your bass boat? Fine on the road, but a pain to have to break camp every time you want to launch or load the boat.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I say go look at some of the slide-in campers to see if it would work for you and the Mrs. nowadays. We have a Northstar Laredo and LOVE it, but the Host or bigger Lance campers may be what you all need for comfort and convenience nowadays. Good luck in your search and decision!!

4. Member
    There's a couple of problems with a slide-in. The first is the cost. A used motorhome is much less than a newer slide-in. The next is my truck is 52 years old and looks it. It used to carry our camper and tow anything we had, 23' deep vee boat, motorcycle trailer, etc but it would need a few thousand $ to get it in shape.

5. Member
    I put 3 kayaks in pickup bed when i pull travel trailer

6. Winter can end now..... BoatBuggy's Avatar
    Does the trailer have a hitch receiver? If it does, perhaps look in to getting a hitch carrier for the trailer and strapping the kayak(s) into/onto it. If there is no hitch receiver, it wouldn't be a problem to have one added.
    2013 Ranger Z520c, 2013 Yamaha 250 SHO
    2018 Ranger RT198p, 2013 Mercury 150 Optimax