Oil pump outlet snapped

I attached a pic of the problem. Anyone ever "fixed" this without replacing the whole pump?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    not sold seperate
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    I didn't assume I could buy the small brass piece, looking for an alternative is what I should've said.

There is no safe alternative
    Was the motor ran in that condition?
    Thank You Leon Pugh

5. Member
    no alternative for optis oil must be injected electricly
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

6. Member
    From the pic it looks like an easy fix to me.Piece of tubing,exact drill size,I would definitely give it a shot.That kind of fix is done all the time in auto restoration.

7. Member
    It wasnt run with it broken. Blackboat, what do you think you could use as a substitute for the brass piece? Thanks for the responses

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    DO NOT attempt to substitute anything. REPLACE the pump. Any failure in this area WILL cost you a powerhead.

Please update your thread with some information on what engine you have (other than "Optimax"). Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

9. Member
    2005 225 Optimax 390 hrs. I've got a pump on order. Just figured I'd try something else first. If it didn't work, no biggie, pump on the way.

Better order a powerhead as well, If it does not work you will need it
    Thank You Leon Pugh

11. Member
    Got the part in. Changed it out in about 30 min. Pretty simple. Buddy has the Merc computer to prime it. Works like a champ.

12. Member