Orange Grove main canal closed

So someone showed me a picture of the main canal in Orange Grove. There was a buoy across and a sign saying Orange Grove is closed. Any truth to this? I would go find out for myself but working.

2. Member
    Yep, it's done.

sad but true, its unfortunate that the state we live in allows this bullshit
    721 ​ProXp

4. Member
    Our politicians are like race horses - no disrespect intended to the horses. They have owners and trainers and are ridden by people hired to ride them and make sure they respond properly and perform as expected. The public only gets to watch. When they are no longer performing as expected they are sold to people with lower expectations or put out to pasture.

5. Member
    Well at least we can fish the intracoastal. If u don't get swamped by tugs not pushing barges.

6. Member
    Unbelievable, yet par for how things are down here. Another great fishing area that has become private property.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Mo View Post
    Unbelievable, yet par for how things are down here. Another great fishing area that has become private property.

i think it was already private property by definition...

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marshman View Post
    i think it was already private property by definition...
    Actually by definition in the Federal Code of Regulations part 329 says just the opposite. This is what the Corp of Engineers follow and should use to guide them when approving the gate permits. There are some Judges and politicians in Louisiana that need to revisit elementary school and learn how to read. These gate permits are not approved "officially" yet. If you don't agree with the gating of public waters visit the LASC website and email or call the COE officer making that determination.