1998 200 EFI alarms SN#0G607556

After running on plane at 4500 RPM for 10 mins or so, when I am "no waking" at 900 rpm`s the alarm starts beeping real fast. Beep beep beep beep. Smoking alot and kind of chugges along.
    When I run on plane no alarm and runs great. Water pressure running right where it shoud according to the guage. 18 psi.
    How can I trouble shootn this?

2. Member
    oil in tank under cowl full full, may have voltage issue on green wire to module at low rpm
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks Joe for the quick responce. Yes oil tank is full, I have never taken the cap off. I took my water seperator off, no water in the gas.
    How would I go about checking the low voiltage issue?

4. Member
    dva meter testing voltages on green wires at coils all need to reed close to same if you have a stator or switch box acting up low speed it can cause horn activation,your welcome
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JOE54 View Post
    dva meter testing voltages on green wires at coils all need to reed close to same if you have a stator or switch box acting up low speed it can cause horn activation,your welcome
    I dva metered all green wires at coils. 5 were right at 140v but I have one cylinder the meter completely shuts off? I'm having issue planning out no power. Pull plug wires while idling and starboard side each cylinder stalls motor. Port side all 3 no difference in idle. Checked with spark tester set to 1/2 inch all cylinders fire. Switch boxs?

6. Member
    ohm test stator

7. Member
    Changed out water seperator filter,bled the oil tank on the motor, ran it for 15 mins with the muffs alarm did not come on.
    However, i noticed that one of the windings on the stator looks fried.IMG_E8494.JPG