Thread: Switch panel

Switch panel

Does any know the part number of the helm switch panel for a 2019 nitro z20 ? Will be the third one to be installed. All have had multiple issues. Bilge turns on on its own, livewell fill not turning off etc. Now have no power to anchor light . Any info on this would be helpful thanks.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IRBA View Post
    Does any know the part number of the helm switch panel for a 2019 nitro z20 ? Will be the third one to be installed. All have had multiple issues. Bilge turns on on its own, livewell fill not turning off etc. Now have no power to anchor light . Any info on this would be helpful thanks.
    Scares me a little bit that you have had that many problems with the switch panel. I love my new boat, but the switch panels are pretty cheesy.
    2020 Nitro Z20 Pro Package

3. Member
    Yea has been pretty aggravating. Like the boat, but have had bad electrical and trailer brake issues from the start. Both the bow and console switch have been replaced . My warranty is up and now I guess I’m on my own . Hope you have good luck with yours , they are a nice handling bass boat.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IRBA View Post
    Yea has been pretty aggravating. Like the boat, but have had bad electrical and trailer brake issues from the start. Both the bow and console switch have been replaced . My warranty is up and now I guess I’m on my own . Hope you have good luck with yours , they are a nice handling bass boat.
    really happy with it so far, just see those switch panels and cringe thinking what’s wrong with a regular toggle.

5. Member
    I am going to try one more nitro switch, if that doesn’t work I will put in a new panel of toggle or rocker switches.

6. Member
    Throw your HULL # in here and you can find your part number.

https://tracnet.trackermarine.com/COPM/NewSerial01.shtm

7. Member
    Thanks, will try it.

8. Member
    I have a 2018 Z19 and I'm on my second switch panel, which is starting to act up. The first one lasted about 3 weeks, before it would act as if it overheated and just stop working all together. This one has been on the boat just a little over a year, and now will again, get very hot, and freeze up. With the current one anything that I have on will continue to work after freezing up, I just can't turn anything off or on or change any other setting. I can turn off main power and the switch panel will start working again, untill it decides it dosent' want to work again. It is truly becoming a pain in the ass and even more so to get it replaced unter warranty. Set up a time to drop the boat off, wait several weeks for them to decide that I was right and the panel itself is the problem, they order a new one, replace it and a month later I get the boat back. It is possible to buy a new one myself and replace but I'd be dropping a minimum of $300 for new on. If you replace the switch panel with toggle or rocker switches, please let me know how it works out, because I might have to go that way also.
    USAF Retired 1981-2004
    Police Detective Retired 2004-2022

Smile

I have not had any problems with the switches working on all my electronics other than the "sensitivity" of them.

I grazed the horn button the other day with my knuckle and set it off, shit my pants from being startled to death, ruined my seat and carpet in the process. But the horn works just fine!...
    Last edited by KCLOST; 06-08-2020 at 02:51 PM.
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

10. Member
    I have a 2021 z20 and identified the problem on mine at least. It is a moisture issue on mine. The way that panel inset is made it has the pressure switches indide in what is supposed to be sealed gel. That is sandwiched with foam and a hard outer shell. Problem is shell does not cover the foam on the sides and moisture gets in the foam and somehow works down into the switches. Mine went completely out after being in the rain 2 times. Worked fine after 24 to 48 ours of drying. Dumped water on it in the garage and sure enough, same issue. I ordered a new panel but it is made exactly the same. Siliconed it in and now no issues. Piss Poor Design to start with but love my boat

11. Member
    KClost mine does the same thing. rain water will set the horn off

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    I have not had any problems with the switches working on all my electronics other than the "sensitivity" of them.

I grazed the horn button the other day with my knuckle and set it off, shit my pants from being startled to death, ruined my seat and carpet in the process. But the horn works just fine!...
    I've got a 21' Z19 and had a very similar issue last year when I had my trailer being repaired. Dealer left the boat outside in some nice storms before I picked it up and none of my switch controls worked. Went fishing 2 days later after being in the garage and it was fine and I havent had any issues since (knock on wood). Funny thing is - i've fish in some pretty good downpours since then and it hasn't acted up yet but I may pull it and silicone the backside where the cover meets the rear panel just to be safe.
    2022 GMC Sierra AT4 6.2L Crew Cab
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro/ Mercury 200 ProXS 4s
    106SV Ultra - Helix 8 on the Console
    Helix 8/ Mega 360 - Garmin 126sv Ultra/ Live scope on the Bow
    Dual 8' Blades/ Ultrex 112/ Atlas 10" Hydraulic Jackplate
    (2) Ionic 125ah/ (3) Ionic 50ah/ Power Pole Charge

13. Member
    Took mine out for a tourney during a downpour Sunday and my warranty replaced touchpanel starting turning livewell on and off, horn sounded, etc. Just such a dumb design. If a company ever came out with a toggle switch conversion kit I'd be all over it.

14. Member
    2020 Z19 pro
    Fished a week in MN it rained hard one day after that the horn stopped working while up in MN but everything else worked fine. I had it covered but it rained hard on the way home when I got back to IN and came out in the driveway the next morning and one of the live wells was on? Shut it off cleaned up the boat and none of the touch panel works. Called dealer where I bought it and they said most likely the touch panel went bad. I ordered one from Spyder Controls waiting for it to show up. Boats been down two weeks

15. Member
    Has anyone run a bead of silicone around the inside edge of the switch panel or on the outside of it?

16. Member
    Just got a helm switch panel for my 2020 Z19 Pro from Spyder Controls $124 + $30 shipping it was plug and play everything seems to work fine now. It looks like they have improved how the wires come into the back of the panel with a plastic tube to support them.

17. Member
    Andrebass I’m not sure that mine got wet everything seemed pretty dry
    Last edited by IronMj; 09-14-2022 at 05:25 PM.

I'd be looking at connectors too if rain was causing a problem, water proof those.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team