Praying SHO Lower Unit Paint failed

Anyone have luck getting the Moeller lower unit paint to hold up? I decided to repaint my lower unit and used the 3 part Moeller (primer, Shiny Black, and clear coat). Let dry for 3 days in the sun. Picture is after 1 trip. Looks like all the areas that get hot (or maybe turbulence) have blistered the paint. The skeg paint held up OK but all around the case particularly on rear side is blistered bad. Primer seems to be sticking ok, so it’s just the top coat and clear. Anyone have better luck with the duplicolor product holding up on the entire LU? Any tips are much appreciated as I hope to only go through this process one more time.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    skip the clear coat. If your black is gloss, stop there. The primer and black may be off gassing and causing the clear to fry up.
    2020 Ranger Z519 | 2020 Mercury Pro XS 225 4S | Helix 10SI | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Helix 10 MDI G3N | Noco GENIUS 10X4
    Fury 3 22P True Pitched | Power Pole Pro 2's | Ghost TM | Mega 360 | MEGA LIVE | Atlas 8in Jack Plate | Trick Step | 3X Amped 80ah Lithiums

How long did you let each coat dry?
    XPRESS H 18 SS, YAMAHA 115

4. Member
    Let primer dry for a day and then did base coat in 2 coats (light coat followed by another coat within an hour). Let base coat dry and the sprayed clear the next day. Waited 3 days then went fishing.