Sturgeon Bay info

Would anyone be able to give me some water temp info for little sturgeon, sturgeon bay, and egg harbor please? Looking at making a short trip up there in the next week or two and I want to try and find the prespawn Big girls. Any fishing reports would also be most appreciated. Enjoy the rest of your weekend

2. Member
    I was in the channel on Monday. 55-57 for me. lot of spooky fish in shallow. only saw one boat land a fish on a jerk bait, I had one on a jerk bait. Didn't make it to Little Sturgeon, I would imagine water temps a little warmer there. another week of warm weather and it should be great. Guys are catching pre spawners, just not me

3. Member
    Thank you very much for the update. If we make it up I will let you know what we find.

Fished Saturday to Tuesday from little sturg to Sawyer and my girlfriend and I landed hundreds of nice fish. We had water temps of 49 to 77 depending on where you were and the winds and the current direction. On the last evening we had a massive school of alewives move in and spark a massive feeding frenzy around us. It was pure stupidity for about 3 hours. Every cast you'd catch a smallie or a alewife and if you caught a alewife I was just putting it on my girlfriend's drop shot and she'd cast it out and instantly get smoked! Even with the massive feeding frenzy they were still extremely particular on what they wanted and how they wanted it. We were in 3ft of water and landed many, many fish in the 4 to 6 range from that school and most were all prespawn.

5. Member
    wow, that's a great couple days. I should have checked out that area, mostly stayed in flats area. were there a ton of boats around you all weekend?

6. Member
    Buddy and I trailered both our boats up in the rain Thursday morning. It was still raining when we got Sturgeon Bay Around 1:00 so we stopped in at Howies Bait and tackle to get some info, and buy a few things (I had just got $300 worth of stuff from them In the mail on Wednesday ). They told us the wind had been “wrong” for the past week and the fishing had been tough.

Thursday afternoon we fished little sturgeon water was in the low 60s. It rained on and off on us and we only caught 1 fish on a spinner bait.

Friday, we launched at Ephraim and went out to pirate island. wind was stout, out of the NNW. It was kinda rough but we caught a few nice fish, the biggest was 5.4lbs on a Ned rig. Then the wind changed direction slightly so we went out to the big flat on the north side of chambers island. My buddy caught at least 10 with a 3.3 keitech. I caught a 4lber but not that many.

saturday, we went to Rowleys Bay. The water was very still, gin clear, and cold (I saw 47 degrees on the graph in the back of the bay) We could see fish cruising, but they were spooky, and wanted nothing to do with us. We ran up to the ferry terminal and caught a few small ones. Then we packed up and went to kangaroo lake. Wind was really blowing down the lake. It even rained on us. Then the sun came out. We saw a bunch of spawners. I don’t love bed fishing all day (not patient enough)but I caught a 4.94 and a 4.66. My buddy caught a lot of 3s

sunday, we put in at Ephraim and we’re going to run out to pirate island but it was rough! We were able to get out to sister island it was rough out there. We caught some fish but it was so hard to fish, control the boat, and stay in the boat, that it wasn’t much fun . So then we went back to shore and fished the docks between sister bay and ephraim. We caught a bunch of fish. Mine mostly on a spinner bait, my buddy threw a keitech

monday we went back to rowleys bay. The wind was blowing into it and we caught a couple cruisers. Then I ran into a spawning flat that had a crazy number of 3lbers on it. It was wild to see all those beds. The wind got bad enough that you couldn’t see at all. My buddy caught a 4.36 on an Alabama rig. We left for home around 10:30

sunday night we were rigging up tackle in the parking lot of our hotel. we met a guide who was dropping off a long time client. They came over and he gave us all kinds of information and advise. The client had been fishing with him for years and highly recommended him. I was just really impressed with his knowledge, and how open and generous he was with his information. If your looking for a smallmouth or walleye guide I would recommend Mark Jackson 920 255 6245. He has a very nice nitro 21 walleye boat. I think he will do you a great job.

there is still plenty of fun to be had up there. Hope you get a chance to go
    Last edited by kmanbear; 01-29-2022 at 03:24 PM.