Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

The best bait & tackle shop in the world

Burnt to the ground last night. Fishin'Franks has been at this location for 35 years. The business was started by Franks father and Frank took over. Their main interest was teaching people how and where to fish, NOT selling fishing gear, that was just an added bonus. Walking into that place was like stepping back to the 1950's Awesome staff too. I have no doubt they will rebuild but having moved away from that area last October it's about the only thing I miss. We are going back for a visit soon and I was looking forward to getting a new rod for my BG 4000

Frank has helped other tackle shops in the area when times were tough, thats just the kind of guy he is.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/05/24/...ort-charlotte/

https://fishinfranks.com

2. Member
    Man that sux. In a time when an independent shop has a hard time staying open that place looks like what a bait shop should be. I hope they are back bigger and better than ever.

3. Member
    Used to travel on business to Ft. Myers regularly when I was working, that was always a must visit when I was in the area. Hope they can come back from this setback.

4. Member
    I use to enjoy all the fishing shops in Florida like that years ago. Hated seeing them close shop! Hate seeing that as well!

5. Member
    I really miss the kind of shops we had when I was a kid - it was simply a different culture back then. I remember those "swinging boards" on the wall that had all the cards of hooks, lures, etc. and they kept all the boxed hard baits in the display cases. All kinds of live bait and a big "bragging board" full of fish pictures on the wall. Here's hoping that Fishin Franks can come back bigger and better than ever!

6. Member
    i use to spend alotta dough there when i lived down there, i hope they can come back from this.

7. Banned

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ttranger View Post
    I really miss the kind of shops we had when I was a kid - it was simply a different culture back then. I remember those "swinging boards" on the wall that had all the cards of hooks, lures, etc. and they kept all the boxed hard baits in the display cases. All kinds of live bait and a big "bragging board" full of fish pictures on the wall. Here's hoping that Fishin Franks can come back bigger and better than ever!
    How about the nail board sign up front for taking photos of your stringer.

9. Member
    You got it man - those were the days.

10. Banned
    If anyone doubted the title of this thread please take a look at the Rebuild Fishin' Franks Facebook page. It already has over 5600 members in just 2 days! Today, a local business man gave Frank a check for $12,000! The entire community is pitching in to help. This guy knows HOW to run a business. A fund has been set up so the employees get paid. Knowing Frank, he won't take anything until the guys and gals are paid. Frank has already found a new location and should be announced shortly. Can't wait to walk into the new shop and buy a new shark rig!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/285711652824131/

11. Member
    A drunk driver flew his pickup off the road onto the roof of the building and burned it down. Unreal! Hopefully that drunk had insurance.

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jigman51 View Post
    A drunk driver flew his pickup off the road onto the roof of the building and burned it down. Unreal! Hopefully that drunk had insurance.
    Frank said today that the drunk driver will be meeting his lawyer!

13. Member
    I was in his shop last year when I went to North Port to visit my daughter and grand daughter. My son-in-law bought one one of his first baitcast rods there 2 years ago, I visit that place every time I go to the area, he had about anything you needed. Always lots of fishing stories every time I walked in the door. There goes a little chunk of history for the Port Charlotte area.
    Jerry "Rat-L-Trap" Lehman
    Never Enough "Traps"
    Triton TR-21 Merc Optimax 225
    Living Life Large at Toledo Bend

Last edited by fishinarc; 05-29-2021 at 10:00 AM.

15. Member
    That is just crazy! Well maybe this will will be a blessing in disguise. New building, maybe bigger and better?
    Semper Fi

16. Banned
    This what happens when you treat your customers right! In just 2 weeks Frank has found a building to purchase, put in a bid so it's in process. The community is giving back what he has given them for 35 years.

https://www.winknews.com/2020/06/07/...ZQ4e6l6eqLld2E

17. Banned
    Dayum, that dude hit that curb and landed on TOP of the bait shop

18. Member
    I think I would like spending time In that shop(before the dumbass crash landed in it).
    Red Sox in 6!

19. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bossbowman View Post
    Dayum, that dude hit that curb and landed on TOP of the bait shop
    Sure did. I googled earthed it, almost a 150' jump in a full size chevy p/u.

20. Member
    Not sure how I missed this thread, my buddy down there called me when it happened, I was blown away how it happened, crazy. I was in Franks last July, what a super cool place. Sounds like it will be back, hopefully with the same cool atmosphere.
    96 Viper Coral202 225 Opti serial#1B011431

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast