Thread: Hebrews 10:37

Hebrews 10:37

2. Member
    The people (church) today do the same thing about the time statements found in the NT as the people of Israel did to the prophets in the OT. It is sad people twist the prophesy of Gods Word and His apostles who wrote the NT scriptures under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit simply to hang on to their futurist postion. There was no delay in the coming of our Lord in the first century.

Jesus himself told Israel :

7But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

How much more plain could Jesus have told the people of God about the wrath which was about to come ? The axe was ALREADY at the root of the trees.

This isn't rocket science, it doesn't take a degree, a masters in divinity but only read what the text says and understand its context rooted in the OT.

3. Member
    futurism reminds me of Genesis 3

"Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?

Did God really say the Axe was already at the root ?
    Did God really say that "this generation will not pass away until all these things be fulfilled" ?
    Did God really say "there is about to be a resurrection of the just and the unjust" ?
    Did God really say " I am coming soon" ?
    Did God really say "If you can believe this , he is the Elijah that was was to come" ?
    Did God really say "“In just a little while, he who is coming will come and will not delay" ?
    Did God really say "If I want him to remain alive until I come, what that to you, just follow me" ?

I could go on and on.

God really did say those things, don't let people deceive you . Just because your preacher has a degree doesn't make him right. The Pharisees and Sadducees' were the equivalent of todays modern day preachers and teachers, they were learned, educated kept up on a pedestal because of their position in the church of their day. Read the NT and see how Jesus felt about those people, It wasn't good.
    Last edited by godsdozer; 05-24-2020 at 06:58 PM.