Kerr Lake Corps does it again! Would love to know who is making these decisions.

SHARED BY PHIL McCARSON, TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR, PIEDMONT BASS CLASSICS TRAILS

NOTE OF LAKE CHANGE...OUR JUNE 13TH TOURNAMENT SCHEDULED FOR KERR LAKE HAS BEEN MOVED TO SHEARON HARRIS OUT OF CROSS POINT RAMP BECAUSE WHO EVER IS IN CHARGE OF THE CORPS OF ENGINEERS FOR KERR LAKE HAS AGAIN PULLED PERMITS UNTIL AT LEAST JUNE 13TH. AND...NO ONE CAN TELL ME WHO MADE THAT CALL. BUT I WILL TRY AND FIND OUT. THEY ARE MAKING THESE DECISIONS IN INTERVALS OF 2 WEEKS NOW.

THE CORPS AT KERR ARE THE ONLY ONES I KNOW OF IN THE STATE THAT CHARGES $50 FOR TOURNAMENT TRAILS TO HAVE A TOURNAMNENT.
    THEY CHARGE THIS NO MATTER WHAT RAMP THE EVENT IS RUN OUT OF ON THE LAKE.
    NO OTHER LAKE IN THE STATE RUN BY THE CORPS DOES THAT THAT I KNOW OF.

WE HAD A PERMIT FOR THE NCWRC RAMP ON KERR AT FLEMINGTOWN IN NC. BUT THE CORPS MAKES THE DECISIONS ON WHEN TO SHUT US DOWN AND CAN'T GIVE US ANY REASON FOR DOING SO.
    WE POSTPONE OUR OWN EVENTS IF THE RAMPS ARE FLOODED...BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY.

THE SAME RAMP WILL BE PACKED FULL ON A NORMAL WEEKEND SO WHY IN THE HECK CAN'T WE HAVE A TOURNAMENT THERE? MAKES NO SENSE. IN FACT ALL THE RAMPS ARE OPEN EXCEPT A FEW RUN BY THE STATE PARKS.

HERE'S ANOTHER PROBLEM....NO ONE THAT CONTACTS ME ABOUT THE PERMITS BEING PULLED CAN TELL ME WHO'S IN CHARGE OR WHO MADE THESE DECISIONS. NOW WHAT THE HECK!!

I WILL TRY AND HOPEFULLY FIND OUT THIS COMING WEEK BY CALLING THE CORPS IN WILMINGTON, WHERE WE SEND OUR CHECKS TO, AND ALSO ASK THEM WHAT THEY DO WITH THAT MONEY AND WHY OTHER CORPS LAKES IN THE STATE DON'T DO THE SAME THING....MAYBE IT GOES TO THE CORPS CHRISTMAS PARTY, I JUST DON'T KNOW.
    Contact Information:
    Phil McCarson...Tournament Director---922 Valetta Rd.---Durham, NC 27712
    Home: 919-471-1571 Cell: 919-971-5042
    email:
    philsflags@msn.com website:http://piedmontbassclassics.com/

Last edited by seachaser1; 05-24-2020 at 07:04 AM.

2. Banned
    Flemingtown was shut down yesterday and was avaiable to nobody.

3. Member
    I can understand the flood situation...

4. Member
    W Kerr Scott is run by the Corps and they charge the fee as well. They also make some wierd decisions concerning the lake and facilities with no real reason or explanation.

5. Member
    First off they don’t answer to anyone. The flooding up river at Smith Mtn. Is also historic! Second with the rain this week this could be the Worst flood in the history of Kerr lake! In 1987 the lake got to 319.6 if my memory serves me correct. May have been 1986.
    If people can’t wrap there heads around the flooding,and want to blame the Corp! MOTHER NATURE IS TO BLAME!!
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

6. Member
    Not blaming Mother Nature...this was happening before the flood.

7. Member
    If the CORP is helping prevent people from building houses right up by the lake and turning Kerr into a Gaston or Norman, I have no issues with them haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    First off they don’t answer to anyone. The flooding up river at Smith Mtn. Is also historic! Second with the rain this week this could be the Worst flood in the history of Kerr lake! In 1987 the lake got to 319.6 if my memory serves me correct. May have been 1986.
    If people can’t wrap there heads around the flooding,and want to blame the Corp! MOTHER NATURE IS TO BLAME!!
    I think it was 1996, Hurricane Fran.

9. Banned
    The COE owns all land that would be flooded at a 320 lake level so there will or should not be any worry about anything being built within that 320 level is my understanding of the way it reads. That is why no homes have been built close to the lake. Those residents whose home are visiable from the lake where there before there 320 flood level act was instituted it would seem. Many lake impoundments have similar codes in effect. Some even stipulate you can not cut down or remove trees that block you view to the water on these lakes of which some have done and have had to pay the fines and and court cost.