Is Maine open for Fishing?

We have a trip every year to Maine, usually the first week of June.

We live in Ct. and with the COVID is it OK for us to come up? We have our own cabin already reserved

thx
    Ed

2. Moderator
    May want to call the place you're staying at. We usually have the Northern Rally at Cobbee but was canceled and moved to September.

3. Member
    Our camp says "come on up" but isn't there a 14 day quarantine? we are going for 1 week?

I have a camp on Cobbossee. To my knowledge, the 14 day quarantine remains in place for out of state visitors. I'm a Maine tax payer but I can't travel/fish because of the quarantine. Pisses me off!

2017 Triton 18TX

5. Member
    I am a Maine resident, and fishing is open and great!! :-) That said, right now, there is still a 14 day quarantine period issued by our governor, BUT there is a tremendous amount of pushback on the governor like I have never seen to lift the quarantine period to make visitors to our state feel welcome. The reality is the quarantine period only applies to going into store, dining or other "indoor" related activities. It does allow you to go fishing and be outdoors with no limitations or restrictions. Also at last check, and I am checking again, I believe that the other portion of the ridiculous reopening plan is that hospitality organizations cannot accept reservations from non residents until June 1. So would say starting next week, grab the boat, rods and reels, and make the trip if you have some place to stay other than a hotel or motel prior to June 1. After that, it is game on.

6. Moderator
    Good info. Thanks

7. Member
    So what is the current license situation for Maine for angling and for milfoil sticker? I can access some Maine waters by boat.

8. Banned
    Come up and fish, as long as you are staying at a camp I don’t see what the issue is. I know many people who have camps from out of state who come up every weekend. Amazingly people are not dropping like flies when they leave.

How's the fishing?

2017 Triton 18TX

10. Banned
    It is really good right now. Still some spawning activity.

11. Member
    2002 Triton 200xp 225 Evinrude