1990 Evinrude 150 xp. Is there a manual choke

Just got an older ranger 350 with 1990 Evinrude 150 xp. Had to replace ignition switch. Didn't have key. Question is this. I have push for choke on switch. I was able to get engine to fire up but I had to hold in choke on switch. Is there a way to make choke stay on long enough for engine to warm up?

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    No, but depending on which style control box you have you have means of warming up your motor. If it is a surface mount you will have the warm up lever, if it is a concealed side mount you pull the handle towards you and advance it slightly.

3. Member
    Apparently mine is concealed. I'm not understanding how to pull it towards me. It says pull neutral throttle, with arrow pointing towards driver. I've tried pulling handle straight out , squeezing lever pulling out. How do you do it exactly. It's omc control
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Member
    Ok I went out and messed with it some more, and finally figured it out. The whole handle slides out a bit. It's really sticky. I should probably pull it out and lube it up

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Sorry for my poor description on the operation. But glad you got it figured out.