Old Merc 115 part ID Help needed

I have an old Mercury Front Clamshell Cowling Cover for a Merc 115 Gray Decals. The Number 15087-C XK is embossed on the inside of the plate. I believe this is for a 1987 115 HP Motor. I sold it to a guy and he told me that it had to have a mounting piece or bracket but I remember this as being spring loaded. I found another on line and they poster listed it as part number 11207A-1 .

Is there an old merc guy on here that could help me ID this? What year and am I really missing anything? I had this on an old boat that I only had for a short time, but the details and paperwork are gone from the file and my mind. Only the cowl part in a back corner of the shop remained.

ThanksDSC_7032.JPG DSC_7036.JPGDSC_7035.JPG

2. Member
    that cowl was used from 1987-1995 , there is a bracket that it mounts to on port half of cowl its no longer avail from merc
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................

3. Member
    Thanks Joe! Is the Bracket part of this piece or part of the main cowl?

4. Member
    part that bolts to main cowl port side
    .................................................. ...the scariest thing in life is the unknown ...................................