Thread: Not again!

Not again!

Got my boat back after nearly 3 months for trailer repair ( Axle broke off ). Took it out to the Delta and was fishing a bank with a very strong current. The motor lodged in some rocks. Trimmed the motor up and it came loose and I kept fishing. Didn't realize what happened until I loaded up later. Is this fixable or do I need to purchase new? I sent it to insurance already. We will see what they say but can this be repaired?

20200522_195659.jpg

2. Member
    I fixed the one on my old Z8 Nitro almost identical break had some time in the repair
    2018 BASSCAT COUGAR FTD
    MERCURY 250 PRO XS 2B524980

3. Member
    I don't have the broken part. It is in the False River in the California Delta.

4. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

That's a housing replacement, right there. Very dense object lodged between prop and ventilation plate (or the ventilation plate came down on top of a very dense object).

Time to contact a dealer for estimate and then your insurance company.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor