40EL73D fuel nipple and electric choke solenoid

Does anyone have a spare fuel nipple for the above mentioned engine? Also, not super necessary, but does anyone have a spare electric choke solenoid...? The fuel nipple got bent badly when the fuel line was yanked off so I really need that. The choke solenoid isn't a necessity but I figured I'd ask.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Need to be more descriptive. That engine uses a solenoid to acticate a choke plate in the carb. Dont know which nipple you are refereing to????? Maybe a picture of what you are trying to describe.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    Need to be more descriptive. That engine uses a solenoid to acticate a choke plate in the carb. Dont know which nipple you are refereing to????? Maybe a picture of what you are trying to describe.
    It's the fuel nipple at the bottom of the bowl assembly, on the right side as you're looking at the front of the engine.

The solenoid issue isn't related to the fuel nipple, I just noticed it at the same time, and since they're both carb parts I figured I'd lump them into the same post is all.

For some reason, I can't upload pictures from my phone 😞

4. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Nipple on the bottom is pressed in. Side nipple is screwed in and can be found in any plumbing section/brass fittings.. Pressed in nipple may be tricky. Either try and straighten it or find another bowl.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    Nipple on the bottom is pressed in. Side nipple is screwed in and can be found in any plumbing section/brass fittings.. Pressed in nipple may be tricky. Either try and straighten it or find another bowl.
    Is there going to be a difference in function between the original pressed in nipple and a threaded one...? If anything that I can think of (not being a small engine mechanic, but still with a little understanding of how it should work) I might need to tune the engine a little differently since the threaded nipple might deliver a different amount of fuel due to a different inside diameter. Either way, ensuring it isn't sucking air through there has got to be easier with a threaded nipple versus a press fit, no?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

7. Member
    Thanks!

8. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adam lancia View Post
    Is there going to be a difference in function between the original pressed in nipple and a threaded one...? If anything that I can think of (not being a small engine mechanic, but still with a little understanding of how it should work) I might need to tune the engine a little differently since the threaded nipple might deliver a different amount of fuel due to a different inside diameter. Either way, ensuring it isn't sucking air through there has got to be easier with a threaded nipple versus a press fit, no?
    Wont make a difference. Just insure it is the same OD for the hose to fit properly and seal.