Cutting a Stoltz roller

Have a solid 2.5 “ Stoltz, I need to cut it ( all the way through). It is solid Polyurethane.

Table saw? Miter box? I could use a hacksaw but I want the cut to be perfect and true. I don’t own a band saw.

2. Member
    Any of the above will be extremely dangerous unless you use a V-block to hold it. It will try to spin when coming into contact w/blade.

3. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    I cut them quite often making custom rollers for customers and as stated above its very dangerous, I made a block for my miter saw and also use a carpenter clamp to secure
    I only cut about 3/4" and rotate until all the way then take a hand saw and cut the middle, clean up on belt sander
    Last edited by DREWTICK; 05-24-2020 at 08:15 AM.
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DREWTICK View Post
    and also use a carpenter clap to secure
    Call your General Practitioner, they have a cure��

5. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonster View Post
    Call your General Practitioner, they have a cure��
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    info@drewcraft.com

I cut them quite often making custom rollers for customers and as stated above its very dangerous, I made a block for my miter saw and also use a carpenter clamp to secure
    I only cut about 3/4" and rotate until all the way then take a hand saw and cut the middle, clean up on belt sander
    Ok, I can do the V Block and miter. 80 T.

Will it go crazy on a band Saw? My neighbor told me today he has one? If it does, I will use the miter saw.

7. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Ok, I can do the V Block and miter. 80 T.

Will it go crazy on a band Saw? My neighbor told me today he has one? If it does, I will use the miter saw.
    problem I seen with band saw most people run blades that are pretty fine tooth which will cause it to melt back together as it cuts

which part number roller are you cutting?
    info@drewcraft.com

problem I seen with band saw most people run blades that are pretty fine tooth which will cause it to melt back together as it cuts

which part number roller are you cutting?
    It is the 12"x 2.5 " roller

9. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    It is the 12"x 2.5 " roller
    careful there is metal inside but it stops about 1" from the ends
    info@drewcraft.com

Ok appreciate the info. I am remaking the outside bow rollers. They don’t sell them any more, and I prefer the Solid Polyurethane ones. I have the 12” roller and the Polyurethane end caps.
    ( The black rollers on each side of the bow roller)

google photo gallery widget

It cut like butter. Used a 12” miter saw with a 80T blade. Sprayed the blade with AMSOIL silicone spray first. Held it tight with my hand against the fence, no jumping or twisting.

Only bad side was the Poly “sawdust “ like melted fishing line

12. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    which model # did you cut, oddly I have a customer doing the same thing
    info@drewcraft.com

which model # did you cut, oddly I have a customer doing the same thing

It is the 12x2.5 “ it is mainly used as a side roller on a guide on post at the rear of the trailer. This one had no metal in it. It really cut easy, I had a sharp 80 Tooth blade I use for cutting oak trim on a 12 inch DeWalt miter. Even spraying the blade with silicone and cutting slow ( maybe should have went fast) this stuff heats up. Nothing stuck to the blade, but I had some of that melted stuff on the backside of the saw.

14. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    It is the 12x2.5 “ it is mainly used as a side roller on a guide on post at the rear of the trailer. This one had no metal in it. It really cut easy, I had a sharp 80 Tooth blade I use for cutting oak trim on a 12 inch DeWalt miter. Even spraying the blade with silicone and cutting slow ( maybe should have went fast) this stuff heats up. Nothing stuck to the blade, but I had some of that melted stuff on the backside of the saw.
    my miter saw stays stopped up in that tube for the sawdust to exit, have to keep digging it out I cut so many, Stoltz has made me a couple of new models so I dont have to cut anymore, still have one more im working on getting in production
    info@drewcraft.com

# RP-212 Was the part #